MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helping 4-Hers learn about geocaching in Grand Rapids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
proton
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Helping 4-Hers learn about geocaching in Grand Rapids Reply with quote

This is really a call for a volunteer or two to help me teach a few 4-h kids about caching and GIS. The kids will be from all over the state. I volunteered to help with a technology camp at the 4-H regional Center in Itasca County. It will be held June 26-28.

The 4-H Center has a really nice kit of 10 GPSr's to use for this and I have been told they will have another 10 for the camp. I have done a couple hour demo before and will be doing another one Saturday at the Mesabi College in Virginia but this is a 3 day camp and I would like to set up some temporary caches for the kids to find. The center is 80 miles from my house so I would really like some help in advance of the event. great way to promote the sport and the MnGCA.

Thanks

Proton
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you may want to contact 8ton directly (I'm not sure that he reads the forums). I'm not sure that he would want to help, but is a possibility.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: