MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-DNR Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The various off-topic discussions have been split off and moved here: http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1879

This thread pertains to DNR policy discussion only.
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently i posted to the wrong thread and was duly chastised by our local God. I sure hope this is the appropriate place to ask my question. How many more hoops do i need to jump through to get a simple questioned answered? All I ask for is accountability and proper representation and this is what it takes. I am willing to bet these fools are gonna make me qoute the origianl question even though they nkow full well what I am asking for. We'll see. I am more than willing to post a retraction if I am wrong, unlike certain people.

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
tomslusher wrote:
so you refuse to answer my question? How hard is it, yes or no?

Pear Head, and now I, ask that you keep this thread on topic by posting in the proper thread (DNR related topic).

Thanks.

your buddy,

tomslusher
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of feeding trolls. . .

Tom - if you are so upset at the policies and behavior of members and board members of this association feel free to geocache without us. You do not have to be an active poster here in order to enjoy the activity that brought us all together. You seem to be at an impasse here. You dislike what you see but are in the minority. All you do is complain. We all understand your feelings and do not share most of them. Restating them over and over is not helping your cause.

I recommend going elsewhere. I hear that Swiss Perpetual is looking for members.

towlebooth
tomslusherwife
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
At the risk of feeding trolls. . .

Tom - if you are so upset at the policies and behavior of members and board members of this association feel free to geocache without us. You do not have to be an active poster here in order to enjoy the activity that brought us all together. You seem to be at an impasse here. You dislike what you see but are in the minority. All you do is complain. We all understand your feelings and do not share most of them. Restating them over and over is not helping your cause.

I recommend going elsewhere. I hear that Swiss Perpetual is looking for members.

towlebooth

Chad, most of what you said is 100% against what a democratic society stands for. You claim that "tom" is upset when in fact he is not. He "told me" that he is trying to stand up for justice and honesty. While maybe being a bit unorthodox, "he" is participating in a very common form of social unrest or protest. It makes people aware that there is a problem. And what you claim is the minority is not true at all. There are more people that have agreed there is a problem or at least the appearances of one than vice versa. Just because you or others may not care does not mean it is not an issue.

If you would notice that "my husband" did not have a problem with you when you were the president or any other president either. But openness and hoensty are required in a democratic society or organization and that is not what is happenning here. just reflect for a minute on what you would think of your elected politicians would treat you the way "my husband" and the other "vocal minority" were treated. Told the things they were told. Information request were not only denied, but ignored.

The government has open meeting laws for a reason. Mention open meeting law violation to an elected representative and see them strighten up real quick.

And though we ("my husband" and myself) do understand that this is just some stupid sport where you look for junk in the woods, no one should be represented this way. And while "my husband" understands that he may be a bit overzelous and crass at times, it does make people think. How many people would be aware of this secrecy if it were not for "him" and the "vocal minority"?

Whether these board members are volunteer or not makes no difference. Ask a small town mayor what he/she makes. It might as well be donated time, but they don't get a pass when they break the law (which is what would be happending here if this were a governmental organization).

I'm wonder if I will be banished like "my husband" as I am using the same IP address as he did when he committed his crime of using "inappropriate language"?

tom's wife
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm wonder if I will be banished like "my husband" as I am using the same IP address

You can't use the same IP address for multiple accounts. My buddies Sheriff of Nottingham and Vulcanus Rex have never been allowed to post here because they registered from my internet connection. I might add that they have valid accounts with Jeremy.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
You can't use the same IP address for multiple accounts. My buddies Sheriff of Nottingham and Vulcanus Rex have never been allowed to post here because they registered from my internet connection.

Dyl1231 has the same IP address as I do. No problem. Don't know why KB friends are having the problem.
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomslusherswife....."you" are not alone in your thoughts.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomslusherwife wrote:

If you would notice that "my husband" did not have a problem with you when you were the president or any other president either.

I've never been president, chairperson, or co-chairperson.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to get into a discussion regarding the silent majority versus the loud minority.
tomslusherwife
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
tomslusherwife wrote:

If you would notice that "my husband" did not have a problem with you when you were the president or any other president either.

I've never been president, chairperson, or co-chairperson.

I'm sorry as well as "my husband". we remembered that you were one of the big shots who started this MnGCA. For some reason we thought you were president but as you know "we" have been wrong before.

Sorry for the error. We still don't have a problem with you. I'm sure that will make you sleep better at night knowing that.

tom's wife
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: