MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion for a new forum categaory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidatheart
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for a new forum categaory Reply with quote

As Geocaching grows many individuals will see that there are some that cache together and may want to find others with the same interest also. I have seen a number of other geocaching organizations that that have an area for this. This idea is not for dating, rather an area to find if others planning to geocache in the area you want to cache and meet. The idea came about after enjoying the Halloween Hoopla KB Style and meeting others. Maybe break it up by areas of Minnesota? Just a suggestion.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea, I've notice this type of thing on some of the other boards as well. However, they also seem to have quite a bit higher participation in their site then we do here.

We have regional area forums which could be used for this as well. There is also nothing stopping any of us from posting a new thread in one of those areas with a start line like:

"Going Caching near XXX Looking for a Caching Partner"

For right now I would suggest using the regional forums and let see what type of responses you get to this here. The only reason I say that is that there is nothing worse then to have the webmaster put a lot of effort into developing the code for a new section and setting up all of the permissions and then finding out no one uses it. At present seems like we only have about 15 or so active participants in the forums so it might not be worth starting another forum section.

If you are planning to go caching in one of those areas you might want to post your intent there and see if any of the locals that only lurk in that forum might contact you.

Just some further thought on how to accomplish what you are thinks about.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love meeting other cachers and hitting the trails with them, if we get this, I'll use it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been known to cache on Saturdays, I can't guarantee every one obviously, but if anyone wants to go hit an area, let me know.

FYI though, I've done most of the eastern side of the cities, so I'd be more of a guide if I went there, and more of an equal if I went west a ways.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live on the east side and work on the west side (Eden Prairie to be specific), I'm always happy to hit a cache after work...Just found the Evil Micro Experiment , well worth any ones time...
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=16825af0-32d9-464e-b27c-e95d6cdcc460

PM me, or email me and let me know if you are interested in hitting something up that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: