MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registration Form
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberToes wrote:
I know sending out such e-mails would be counter to current policy, but it has become clear that despite it's best intentions, the MnGCA was not successful in communicating recent changes to it's members. Perhaps other avenues should be considered.

e-mail, without agreeing to the policy, will not be considered and because the current interation of the e-mail usage policy doesn't include "website updates" it wouldn't be used even if you did agree.

Posting them to the main page and the forum are the only options.
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
RubberToes wrote:
I know sending out such e-mails would be counter to current policy, but it has become clear that despite it's best intentions, the MnGCA was not successful in communicating recent changes to it's members. Perhaps other avenues should be considered.

e-mail, without agreeing to the policy, will not be considered and because the current interation of the e-mail usage policy doesn't include "website updates" it wouldn't be used even if you did agree.

Posting them to the main page and the forum are the only options.

Yes, my post stated that this would be counter to current policy. My suggestion was only that it might be useful to consider changing current policy to improve communications. It's not something that would/could/or should happen overnight. Just something worth consideration.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
For what is worth. I don't think the issue with many of the people is the location or number of radial buttons. It was the fact that they had to agree with the bylaws to be a member.

While that's no doubt true in some cases, from reading some of the discussions on the forums it is apparent that some folks just plain missed the check boxes at the bottom of the page.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
While that's no doubt true in some cases, from reading some of the discussions on the forums it is apparent that some folks just plain missed the check boxes at the bottom of the page.

Well, that's almost impossible. Ever since the changes were put into place you cannot click "Save" as an MnGCA Member and not have the Bylaws box checked. You will get an error message (as some members have complained) that you need to agree to the Bylaws in order to be and MnGCA Member.

Now, obviously, if you never went to the reigster page then you wouldn't see that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: