MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! HELP! HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: HELP! HELP! HELP! Reply with quote

This cache got a visit or two today. A new (but obviously wise) cacher sent me this:
I am still new to geocaching. I need the wisdom of a more experience player. "Harder to plunder" was recently found by one of the non-player denizens. While friendly in tone, his log entry describes how he was having sex there and found it after his partner left. He left a "gift" of a condom (in the bag with the log book) and a can of soda pop. He even rehid it pretty well, and wished all of us fun with the game.

I seriously considered taking the condom and soda pop and discarding them, and ripping his entry out of the log book (it is all on one page, so this would be easy) in the interest of keeping this more family-oriented, but then I thought, given the location, this is probably unavoidable.

I also wondered if I should put a warning about "adult content" in my log entry, but then thought that if you decided to remove the evidence, that wouldn't make sense.

So, given my ambivalence and lack of experience, I decided to write to you, instead.

Please advise or take action, as you deem appropriate.

Crazy, huh? I'm far from a homophobe, but what do you think? Many of you have seen this cache, and some more than once. And one or two have reported *ahem* rude public behavior. I've tried to improve it by moving it to a more open and obvious area thinking no one would be schtupping on top of my ammo box. It would seem I've failed, and I want to try to keep this activity family friendly. What would YOU do? Question
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mountain biking in the area on Thursday and stopped in to see the cache. I was surprised I was able to find it having not been there for a few months and not having my gps on me. I saw the unmentionable contents which made me think that it was found by a non geocacher. I didn't check the logbook though. There is a very visible path going from the biking trail to this cache and being under a very obvious deadfall, it sort of makes this one stick out. My guess is that this one will continue to be found and/or plundered in the near future. Lots of foot traffic in this area. Anyway, thanks for the cache!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the second cache was in a safer area than the first--I guess I was mistaken. Aside from the extracurricular activities, it's still a nice park--is there anything in the area you can use to make this a virtual? Or might I also suggest a micro, that'd be harder for geomuggles to find and corrupt?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: