MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch your grammar!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Watch your grammar! Reply with quote

We are putting on a geocaching workshop for a class at the local college next week. I was doing some surfing for lesson plans used in schools for some presentation ideas. Found out there is lot of classroom use of GPSers and geocaching. Very interesting- especially the inter curriculum plans utilizing English, Math, and Science. Come to find out several English teachers pull caches up, print and distribute the pages for their students to edit pages and logs for grammatical and spelling errors.

Also, there is quite a discussion about NOT taking JH and SR students to regular caches- but set up caches on the school property as the regular caches many times get trashed by students going back to them after class.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh geez...

....talk about a field day with me....
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider your entries as contributing to the education of American youth Laughing
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to have decent grammar on my pages and logs. But sometimes, being that I'm typing on the run usually, I do see some errors sneak in here and there.

Such is life Wink
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me it is fast fingers- typing faster than the computer can accept. However- I noticed on my google tool bar they have added new features- and one icon is a spell check that you can click on when you are writing in any forum and it will spell check it for you- also like the new news headline icon. (newspaper icon for news- ABC check for spell check)- we are off to Duluth- if Bird Dog ever runs away I know I can find him at Menards- catch you tonight- Laughing
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gess Ill have to lern to spel gooder.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Watch your grammar! Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:

Also, there is quite a discussion about NOT taking JH and SR students to regular caches- but set up caches on the school property as the regular caches many times get trashed by students going back to them after class.

The regular caches I take kids to are ones that are far enough away that they wouldn't be able to get to themselves (some involve 1-4 hour hikes, which really deters them from going back)...I have also done film canister micros around the grounds of rec centers when I couldn't get kids to the caches..that worked out well too and was really funny to watch kids walk backwards every time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: