MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOGA 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT? Towlbooth? s4xton? Hooligan? Spaceman7? How bout it guys!! Towlbooth how is the trophy comeing along? A lot of people say they want to go. Stand up and be counted!! If you are new and not sure, No worries. We took 3rd in the team compitition with a girl that filled in from Mo. at the time she had 12 finds. and she ROCKED!! Plus we get lots of practice on the ride down!! I'm going to look into the price of shirits see if there is a certian amount that we have to get what art work will cost. compare it to a few places. MNGCA has titles to defend!! and this year we want to look good doing it!! again I ask Who wants to run with the BIG dogs?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to run the Team Course (like Arcticabn).
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to go to this, but am interested in the coin...it looks like attendees get the first coins and I know these are hard to come by. If you are going and not interested in buying for yourself, could you get one for me??? Or is it too late to get one...I'd send you a check in the mail...
thanks....
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
I won't be able to go to this, but am interested in the coin...it looks like attendees get the first coins and I know these are hard to come by. If you are going and not interested in buying for yourself, could you get one for me??? Or is it too late to get one...I'd send you a check in the mail...
thanks....

I ordered a coin off the site..only 14 left so I should be set....
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one too, guess it's not quite the same not actually attending, but oh well.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I got one too, guess it's not quite the same not actually attending, but oh well.

From the email I got, paying for the coin doesn't look like it is a sure bet, unless you attend the event. After the event is over, then they will distribute the remaining coins, I'm guessing, in the order the orders were received...so no guarantee that you will get one unless you go. So, the question is, who is going that can pass as me Laughing
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to guarantee it. Pay the registration fee then send them an e-mail saying you can not attend but that one of us will pick up your registration packet for you. Then you get your coin. Maybe. Twisted Evil
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
You want to guarantee it. Pay the registration fee then send them an e-mail saying you can not attend but that one of us will pick up your registration packet for you. Then you get your coin. Maybe. Twisted Evil

Are you serious?? I'd do it, if you would pick it up....but I don't want to get you in trouble....or me, for that matter...
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What trouble. Reg as if you are going. A week before send them an e-mail and tell them that you can not attend. But one of the guys from Minnesota will pick up your packet since you already paid.

Can't hurt to try.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just take my chances
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally registered. I've been hemming and hawing for a month. Work and a looming big vacation to Peru in April were making me think that I shouldn't come along this year.

Sheesh. Thinking. That was my problem!

I've registered and am fired up!

T-shirt. I like taking their MOGA logo with the guy on the column in the toga, giving him a beard, an axe over his shoulder, and a flannel shirt collar under his toga and calling him Paul Bunyon. Sorry but I can't draw.

Trophy. I was hoping to get something nice, but we all backed away from a big $$ contribution. I'll look at cheapies and make a decision this weekend and get something together by Monday for the group.

Van. JT - you still in?

Vacation. I'm set for Thursday - Sunday.

Events. I signed up for the individual again and am setting my sights on Third place. That way I can have the whole set of trophies! I would much rather win the team event and make it a three-peat. I'll pace myself better this year during the individual event. I'd like to be on the A team if we have too.

Bean Bags. Hooligan - bring 'em! Cool

Ponchos. Cookie - stay away from mine! Wink
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if Marsha can come up w/something for the picture you described.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Ponchos. Cookie - stay away from mine! Wink

Laughing ROTFL!! Laughing
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Minnesota Cup Reply with quote

Here is an email I've sent to the SLAGA geocaching.com account:

Quote:
Please forward this message to the MOGA coordinator(s) if this is the incorrect address.

towlebooth here from Minnesota. As you know, I and several other Minnesotans (members of MnGCA) have attended the two previous MOGA events and have registered for this year's event. We really love this event and it is the most anticipated event of the year for us. We've also taken the 1st place trophy for the team competition both years and would like to give something back and, at the same time, encourage tough yet friendly competition in the future.

We would like to donate a trophy for the team event that would be engraved yearly with the team name of the winning team. It would not replace the team trophies that will be handed out to the winners, but be in addition to those. We'd like to name this as "The Minnesota Cup" like "America's Cup" in sailing. This would stay with the MOGA coordinators and become the property of SLAGA/MOGA whatever. It would not travel with the winning team since there is no guarantee that they would return the next year.

Before we make final decisions on this, I'd like to know if there will be a MOGA 2007? If not there is really no reason to proceed with this. Please let me know your thoughts!

We want to do this to inspire others and to show our thanks to you folks for putting on such a wonderful event each year. We really appreciate it.

[phone number & address removed]
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneied Cooky wrote:
JT? Towlbooth? s4xton? Hooligan? Spaceman7? How bout it guys!!

I had a great time last year, but I won't be coming down this year. Hold onto the trophy!

-Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: