MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone else experience this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: anyone else experience this? Reply with quote

while i'm no longer a participant in this forum, i thought i should share this and see if anyone else had a similar experience.

i had log entries to both of my caches within the last 24 hours. they both read:

Robin_Hood has added a log to your cache (Million Dollars in Cache). You can visit the cache at the following link:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=60005

User comments:
Took everything, left nothing

then i go to the cache pages and the log entries were deleted. i haven't checked the caches, but i doubt they were actually visited. i couldn't find any info about this alleged robin hood, so i'm guessing this is just a lame joke. anyone else encounter it?

by the way king, your e-mail last week didn't include a return e-mail address. to answer your questions, i haven't had a chance to make a cache hunting trip to ramsey county since last month, and i had fun hunting 2 caches in california. it was very nice out there.
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall this one lurking around before. I seem to recall thet he never actually took any caches but did the same thing on a few other log pages. While all of his logs have been deleted, you can find a list of where they were Here on "Dan's Stats Page" He keeps his own database based on the 'recrnt logs list on GC.com. It also appears this guy has bothered cache owners all over the place. From a quick look at the caches, it looks like he's just pulling your leg, none of the other caches have any notes about having been stolen around the time of his logs... He also tagged on of KB's caches lately too...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Tokenism today, not even knowing about his log/deleted log. The cache was still there, I had bad coordinates.
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm presuming that there wasn't a logbook entry either?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: