MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three Rivers Parks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:

Overall the presentation went well and we both found that the Three Rivers staff is *very* happy with geocaching and geocachers and welcome the activity in their parks. Both Paklid and I felt that the meeting was a success for the MnGCA and that Three Rivers took our policy under serious consideration, but we will not know the outcome of the policy presentation until after the Three Rivers Board meets in December.

Great job guys. It is great that we are keeping in contact with park systems that have policies in place.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before, Paklid and I made a presentation of an updated geocaching policy to Three Rivers earlier this month. We used a Powerpoint presentation that offered some background information, statistics, explained the differences between the two policies, etc.

We made some minor modifications to the presentation as we removed our last names from the "personal information slide" but it is otherwise posted unchanged. We also handed out hard copies of the updated policy and the Duluth policy.

Please be aware that the Powerpoint presentation includes BLATANT spoilers of some caches placed in Three Rivers park (including Pardon my French by Paklid and Go for the Gusto by herrwald). You have been warned. The cache owners have agreed to let the spoilers be posted.

The powerpoint presentation is in PPS format and is also zipped to save a couple K. It is hosted on my home webserver to save the Association's bandwidth. Please be aware that my upstream is limited and the file is 2.7MB. Don't complain too much about it being a slow download Smile

http://geostud.org/threerivers_presentation.zip
herrwald
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice presentation. I was honored to have my cache included. Thanks for all the hard work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: