MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 2005 COTM -- VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the October 2005 Cache of the Month?
Canoe Landing by miles58
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
From the Mouth of Charles by The2Moose
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
King Arthur's Cache by Ko-tis-vey
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: October 2005 COTM -- VOTE HERE Reply with quote

Canoe Landing by miles58
Nominated by Wayfarin Stranger

I found Moving 123 here at the end of May and then miles 58 placed a regular cache here. I waited a bit to look for Canoe Landing, but I had the advantage since I knew where it was already. I went on June 24th with my boy; it was almost 90į and no wind. The cedar trees were really smelling good while we hiked to the location and we saw several rabbits, squirrels, some turkey vultures and a bald eagle scared the boy as it flew about 30 ft. over his head at the cache site. Dave rated the terrain and difficulty both at 5, but it is a great hike in the woods along the beautiful St. Croix river.
After finding the cache, we sat on an outcropping for a while and watched the eagles and vultures soaring over the water. All in all, we had a great time going for this one.
Anyone who hasn't looked for this cache should do it when the leaves start changing colors. You won't be disappointed while seeking Canoe Landing.

From the Mouth of Charles by The2Moose
Nominated by IBcrashen

We recently set out for a day of caching from Gonsolo`s cabin. This one was first on our list. We have driven by here a few times and have thought about putting a regular cache here but now are glad we didnít. This one was to much fun!! This is the largest and most informative CCC camp we have ever been to. The way this multi cache is set up is a great way to explore it while hunting to fill in the blanks of the puzzle. And then what makes this cache so great is hopefully meeting Charles and getting his help to find the final part. Every time I think of him a grin appears on my face. I have met a relative of his by the cabin and he also always brings on a smile. This one is out of the way for most people but it is well worth the trip!

King Arthur's Cache by Ko-tis-vey
Nominated by team-deadhead

This is a cache that he had to have spent some time to plan out and place. Its in a great park in the metro I never knew was here and he used most of it for this cache. The best way to know what this cache is like without giving to much away is just do it! Its right here in the metro so if you want a great cache on your day out plan to do this one. Then you can see what I'm talking about and vote.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: