MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travelbug thief makes good (half way)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Travelbug thief makes good (half way) Reply with quote

I recieved an email this morning:

Ivy Dog Parents wrote:

Travel Bug Found Notification

Owner Name: towlebooth
TB Name: Tomcatter
TB Number: 311336

At our C.A.C.H.E. meeting of September 17, 2005, a number of Travel Bugs (TAGS ONLY) was anonymously dropped off. Among them was the above Travel Bug, which we believe you are the owner.

If you are the owner and you wish to have the TB returned, please e-mail me your mailing address and I will send it to you by return mail. Due to the volume of Travel Bug tags we have to return please allow 3-4 weeks for your tag to arrive.

If you do not wish the TB returned or if you are not the owner, please notify me
by e-mail at jjmcii@comcast.net.

Thank you,

Jim McCoskey, C.A.C.H.E. Treasurer

User's Profile:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=f38ede5b-e88f-432b-9c7a-27db2aa6609e

This is as good an ending as I was hoping for as this tb was stolen by remorser, a travelbug thief who has nabbed 155 travelbugs.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have someone return tags to me or a damaged TBUG- I always tell them I will reimburse their postage/handling. They usually send them back in a USPS white padded mailer which costs 99 cents and postage is about $1. I then send the renewed Tbug back to them in the same envelope and include $2. I jus got tags back from one of my bugs without the hitchiker on it- the tags look like they had been run over by something heavey- they were all twisted- but we could straighten them out and attach a new traveler.
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: The other half Reply with quote

I just had my American Racer travel bug returned to me, with everything BUT the tag. A fellow cacher that works with me, just dropped off what he was able to pick up in and around the cache. The "bug", the bug page, the laminated description I put with all my bugs, and the plastic bag. He said it was spread all around in parts, but could not find the dog tag. He grabbed this all the way over in Milwaukee this weekend. S*cks that some one took it all apart, and swiped the tag. Guess I will try to put it all back together and get it back out into the wild with some modifications and repairs to the busted bug. Maybe this time I will add some directions to head west? Thanks Imfrezn for retreving and returing all the stuff.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a stupid question are the TB thieves regular geocachers or noncachers. I also notice that towlebooth stated that there was a cacher that was a TB thief, since I am new at this how did he come up with the proof? I am not trying to bash or start anything, I am just curious.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The only stupid question was the one that wasn't asked." Very Happy

I can't answer that one though, but I remember a couple instances where people admitted to it in posts. One cacher had caught his kid with a bunch. And another where a guy fessed up to 'hoarding' them.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameless Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: