MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocoin Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PassingWind
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, new member here in the forums. A true blood Minnesotan but I'm living in the sprawl of San Diego, Crowd-ifornia.

Coins. We just completed and released another California geocoin down here and are looking at producing maybe a San Diego geocoin.

From what I can see, State geocoins that are GC.com trackable and that have their own "unique" icon (See Maryland's Geocoin Icon) are highly sought after.

If you design a high quality coin, that's trackable etc. The costs would be offset by high demand.

What have the design discussions been about? Have you thought about going for a non-trade coin shaped like the State of MN? Maybe have the GC.com coin icon be the outline of the state?

I guess all of these issues are being discussed. I am more than willing to assist with your coin endevours and add some "out-of-state" input to the process.

Cheers.....PassingWind
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=111787
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Screw TB's are funny...
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLASH FLASH FLASH

The geocoin voting forum has been opened to forum participants that were eligable to vote in this years Fall Elections. If you were eligable to vote this year then you should have access to the geocoin vote forum listed below.

If you still do not have access and believe that you were eligable to vote please contact me and I will research the issue. It is possible that a member or two may have been missed in the initial cut over. So we will work the issue. But remember you must have been able to vote for this years board in order to be able to vote for the coin design.

I believe that in doing so we have addressed the concerns of the individuals that have spoken out.

http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1812
PassingWind
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested in the latest geocoin discussions I've just completed the San Diego Geocachers Geocoin that will be trackable on GC.com and will have it's own custon icon, we will have them in our hands in a few weeks.

See link: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=256384

I missed the cut to provide input on the MnGCA geocoin but would love to be an active participant or leader in getting the next MnGCA geocoin out the door when the day arises, of course GC trackable and a custom icon is a must for this great State!

As an "outsider" I believe the MnGCA has a lot of potential and can benefit greatly from it's members talents.

By the way...I'd vote for A for side 2

Cheers,
PW
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey passing. Do you know if Nursedave's geocoing group placed an order for the san diego coins? If not, I'd be interested in aquiring one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: