MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

geocaching.com down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee!!! PQs are broken!!! I've been waiting a couple hours for one to go through, and I looked at the gc.com forums and it seems to have been an issue since yesterday. I'm sooooooooooo glad I'm paying for a premium membership!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess if I want to go caching to enjoy this nice weather and a day off, I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way with a paper cache page and hand-loaded coordinates.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
Yippee!!! PQs are broken!!! I've been waiting a couple hours for one to go through, and I looked at the gc.com forums and it seems to have been an issue since yesterday. I'm sooooooooooo glad I'm paying for a premium membership!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess if I want to go caching to enjoy this nice weather and a day off, I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way with a paper cache page and hand-loaded coordinates.

Oh! Quit complaining!!! I do it the old fashioned way all of the time cause i'm an idiot when it comes to trying to do anything other than just basic stuff on the computer.
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a slew of pocket queries ran automatically for me every week. The info is accumulated on my web server, and whenever I want to go geocaching I merely download the latest and greatest collection. True, it isn't up-to-the-minute, but it does cover everywhere in the state that I am willing to travel to get to.

It's more of the "set and forget' style. When a pocket query comes in, the zip file is pulled out of the email, extracted, and stuck into a holding area. Old .gpx files are removed (for pocket queries I don't run anymore) and the remaining .gpx files are merged together. Presto chango, a new zip file is created and available on my server. Very handy.

Of course, all of this would be eliminated if I could just download all of the caches within X miles instead of being limited to 100 miles and 500 waypoints. For instance, if I could just get all of MN in one query, that would rock.
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the entire state covered. Took me a few pocket queries to do, but now it's just maintaining and updating my database with new caches that get published in the state.

At least I'm well covered in case gc.com goes down.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I have the entire state covered. Took me a few pocket queries to do, but now it's just maintaining and updating my database with new caches that get published in the state.

At least I'm well covered in case gc.com goes down.

LOL Joel, now all you gotta do is get out and CACHE! Whereyabeen, buddy?? Smile Smile Smile

-Ken
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right here... dealing with some very troubling issues at work.

very... troubling....
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:
Of course, all of this would be eliminated if I could just download all of the caches within X miles instead of being limited to 100 miles and 500 waypoints. For instance, if I could just get all of MN in one query, that would rock.

You can't get around the 500 waypoints/PQ, but you can get around the 100 miles. I am currently getting all of MN in 6 PQs.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad grrrr
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad grrrrrr
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Error Has Occured

Invalid column name 'RefName'.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, "Invalid column name RefName" whenever you try to access a cache page, I've tried all the different roundabout ways to no avail. You can still view, log, and edit travel bugs - and you can view and edit old logs on caches, but you can't get to the actual cache page details right now. Whee!
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they were doing some maintenance and took longer than expected, but looks like it's back up now.

Celticwulf
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up for people having trouble accessing the site.

Yesterday I couldn't pull up the website at all, any way I tried, whatever link I tried. Turns out everyone else could see it fine, so I went in and deleted the cookie and it solved my problem. Seems it got corrupted somehow.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://websports.8m.com/heh.html

something wrong here?
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah-humbug!!

My gc.com "my" page no longer has a link to "List newest in Minnesota". For awhile now it has been "List newest in United States" (as if I care about that). I keep re-updating my proflle location but it's not helping.

My "nearest caches" link still works fine

Suggestions???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: