MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

While I was not caching.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: While I was not caching..... Reply with quote

I was watching my bugs. I took the winter off from caching (pesky old "job" thing) but had fun watching the bouncing bugs.

"The Good Luck Turtle" was lucky indeed. She has racked up 14,916 miles. She is actively caching in Australia as I write this. Earlier, she was in GBR.

"Chipper" never left the United States, and has bagged 3954 miles and some great photos. It even visited a golf Major event. Cool.

"The Geneology Bug" has had a bit less luck, but it is still around. Centris tried to clarify the mission for the bug (and me. Thanks dear) by installing a laminated tag, and a hitchhiker, but it got "newbied". I think tags got moved around, but it is still in circulation.

"The Geneology Bug" has an expressed mission to visit several places in Ireland, and, thanks to Chad, has a great head start. Recently, it arrived on the Emerald Isle.

Matt (15Tango) has the "Ramsey County Rover", so I know it's in good hands. I'm gonna grab it after it is launched again, and get the film developed. Speaking of film, I placed a camera in my very first cache, "Sochaki Park" and the camera is full, so, it's off to Target I go. I'll post them of the caches page when they are done.

Ask Centris if Irvingdog put his paw in his mouth. Embarassed She watched the whole thing. My very first bug, "A Stout Little Bug" has been in someones pocket for over nine months. After 3 attempts at contacting them, I virtually grabbed it back and buried it in the T-bug graveyard, and included a pissy little note. Oops! It seems that the guy who has the bug is still watching even though he has not cached in 9 months. He's gonna launch it again for me this spring. Thanks.
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS.. As to Chipper & Speaking of cameras....

My co-worker who had the PGA tickets to Hazeltine lost his camera (with the film still in it!) shortly afterwords.... If he ever finds it, that will be when I'll finally post those pictures....
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvingdog Wink -- I just sent you condolences over your poor bug going to the graveyard is all.... It is one of the caches on my watch list, so I try to keep an eye out for bugs I have moved or people I know -- you didn't put your foot in your mouth at all! You just finally "lit a fire" under the guy. He probably needed it. Mad

Maybe I will try that with my bug "hopalong" -- poor baby hasn't moved since 7/7/02. The guy who has him is nice enough Confused and replies to my emails, so I am still hoping he gets placed again someday.......... Maybe if I put it in the graveyard he will get going?

Now I just wish your Geo13 bug would get going northward. It was moving along great for awhile. I still hear from them occasionally when they are traveling. They were great folks! SmileSmile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys I have been emailing with on geo.com claims that only about 45% of Travel Bugs are still active -- scary when you think about how many bug tags have been sold $$$

Last edited by Centris on Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 2 bugs that are about to go into the Travel Bug Graveyard along with a pissy note--one in the hands of a party that hasn't been active since they grabbed it, and the other in the hands of someone who has hit quite a few caches since s/he grabbed the bug, but they haven't placed it anywhere.

I haven't gone to any of the permanent Como Park caches placed for the Winter Cache Bash, so I'll go place the Ramsey County Rover in one of those this weekend. I still haven't gotten a third imaging device to attach to the other two--there is still one shot left, and I don't know how easy it'll be to find room for three cameras in a cache. But since Irvingdog is going to pick up the bug and develop it, I won't bother, if everyone doesn't mind.
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Only too glad to bring Chipper to the US Open! (Is that the right event? I'm obviously not a golfer.)

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: