MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There's no way out of here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomslusher wrote:
Show me where the word jackass is offensive or a personal attack, unless you mean that it shows disrepect towards the donkey.

The word jackass is not inappropriate by itself (i.e. I use a jackass to carry my caching gear in the desert). But by inferring that another forum user is a jackass you are changing the meaning of the word and making it a personal and direct attack using an inappropriate meaning.

Unless of course rickrich is indeed a donkey. Of course, he's not. Don't play the dictionary game with me. It's not going to work.
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Stop feeding the trolls.
Trolls, Yum!
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless of course rickrich is indeed a donkey. Of course, he's not. Don't play the dictionary game with me. It's not going to work.

I'm more than willing to let richrick decide if he thinks he is a jackass or not. If he disagrees, feel free to remove it, if not, it stays. How's that sound?

tomslusher
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh???

I voted for you in the election!
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is the case Richrick, I appoligize. I may have read you and your intentions wrong. You may not want to believe this, but I have errored in the past and I just may again in the future..

Although you never did answer the question.

tomslusher
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Just for a point of reference I believe that you received 4 of the votes.
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tom,

Just for a point of reference I believe that you received 4 of the votes.

I was a little torn on what to do. You are one of the few people I would have voted for that ran but because you ran against me (kind of a stretch there) I coulnd't bring myself to cast a ballot.

Although I don't know if I could have voted. Can anyone tell me? It would be funny if I could have ran but not voted. Funny in a clown way as well as funny in a queer way. (not the offensive queer either, but odd or strange).

tomslusher
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me understand your position. You knew how to vote and I'm assuming since you were not present you meant by absentee ballot. But becuse you didn't like your choices you elected not to use the other or write in slot as a minimum to voice your opinion at the dislike for the choices you had. So in other words you elected not to express an opinion where there were at least number to be counted.

This is not meant as a slam on you only that I'm trying to understand your position. Since I am now a Board Member it is important to understand as I believe that I have the ethics to hold this position and make board decisions with the best interest of the association considered. I have spent my life separating personal opinion from professional and feel I can do it here.

However, I don't believe that the previous dialog on this forum and several others are beneficial to the association. I you want to discuss this with me offline send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it off forum.
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last post was meant somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I guess the way you explain it, i have to agree somewhat with you. As I stated I don't even know if I could have voted but I doubt I would have anyway. I truely believe that the "club" we got now is inpenetrable and by inserting someone in will do nothing but get someone with a very sore head from beating it against a wall.

You, on the other hand, seem different. I did (and still do I think) feel you will give people a chance and listen to them. I think you treat people decent. Maybe it's because you are a fellow soldier (although the airborne thing make me a bit cautious. If the plane works good, why jump?) but I just don't get the "better than you" attitude feeling. I'm having a hard time explaining it. Maybe others can help me.

But I would welcome the chance to PM or meet with anyone who will honestly try to correct some wrongs and make things better, not just call names and twist words around.

Or maybe just say heck with the whole thing and I will go bother someone else.

Thanks for listening,

tomslusher[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: