MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 2005 COTM -- VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the June 2005 COTM?
Unbroken Chain by Marsha and Silent Bob w/special guest Arcticabn
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Arctic Airborne’s Nursery by Arcticabn
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Rock Garden by saw557
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Finnish Farm Find by WoodsWoman and The Walkie Talkies
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: June 2005 COTM -- VOTE HERE Reply with quote

It's that time of the month again...

You'll find the nominations in this posting (in no particular order). Voting ends on May 31.

Thanks to all who submitted nominations and to everyone for voting!

--------------------------------
Nominations:
--------------------------------

Unbroken Chain by Marsha and Silent Bob w/special guest Arcticabn
Nominated by sui generis

A unique cache located in Lebanon Hills park in Eagan, MN. The scenery and quality of hides vary with this cache, as it is a moveable multi! This cache proveds a great opportunity to really explore a beautiful park. While the first stage of the multi remains static, the searchers must find the second and third stages and rehide them somewhere else in the park. (There is a geographical distance from first stage limitiation).

The kicker? You can log finds on this one more than once, because it is constantly moving! Makes for a great 1 to 2 hour hike. And while you are there, Lebanon Hills has many other caches to find.

----------------------------

Arctic Airborne’s Nursery by Arcticabn
Nominated by RubberToes

This cache merits recognition on two counts. First it's an imaginative multicache with a surprise at every turn. It's placed in a great location with plenty of room for the stages. Second this innovative cache promotes the hiding of new caches by providing the finder with a ready-to-go cache container, log book and pencil, ready for placement.

A lot of thought and preparation went into this well-executed cache. Finding the cache itself was great fun, and I appreciate the head start it gave me on preparing my next hide.

This cache was placed 4/30/2005 and hasn't seen many visitors yet, but it's definitely worth a visit.

Rock Garden by saw557
Nominated by Silent Bob

On a cache trip through beautiful Grand Rapids with Moe the Sleaze we
finished our day with a fantastic multi that brought us through the Tioga
Mine area. After finishing another cache in the area we made the steep
climb to the first stage and sat on the nearby bench to catch our breath
and enjoy the amazing view.

After wandering in circles for what seemed like forever Moe located the
first stage and we made the down, up, down, up climb to the final. The
area was filled with large iron ore boulders and ticks. I was busy
demagnetizing myself of the evil little creatures while Moe was on a
mission to find his 100th multi.

After Moe yelled at me to stop worrying about the ticks and find the cache
I quickly located it. Moe was within feet and I was standing out of
reach. I didn.t want to move too much for fear of loose rocks starting a
slide towards Moe. I directed him to the container and after a joyous
.w00t!. from Moe we signed the log.

After leaving the area we stopped at the nearby overlook, enjoyed the
gorgeous view, and surveyed our half mile trip back to the car.

What a wonderful end to a great day in Grand Rapids. We really felt as if
we had accomplished something huge on our way home. If you are looking
for a killer multi with great views and a great hide I highly suggest you
try Rock Garden by saw557.

Finnish Farm Find by WoodsWoman and The Walkie Talkies
Nominated by IBCrashen

How many times have I driven up highway 4, paying no attention to the sign for the Finnish Farm when passing? Then along came this cache. I thought OK, here is another cache by an old house/foundation. WRONG This was a big, neat surprise. The Finnish Farm cache is located at an early 1900 homestead. It is a self guided tour of the buildings.

Walking around here, exploring the buildings, added with the quietness of the area, it wasn’t hard to let my imagination go and think about what it would have been like living here without modern conveniences. Trying to live our lives in those times. The hardship, being self sustaining. We take so much for granted in these times. It is easy to forget what the early pioneers went through. This cache brought back very early memories of going to my grandparents homestead with my father.

As we made our way back to my truck carrying our GPS`s the only sound was our footsteps and the wind gently whistling in the majestic pines and old buildings, or was it ghost calling us back to a simpler times.

This cache at least made us think about what it was like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: