MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Treo 650
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I also have a Treo 650 and just started to use cachemate, so far, I have really enjoyed it, and yes the GC WAP site is slow, and it crashes on me if I try to log a find, but I'm able to use it to view a cache, which is nice.

I've used Palm web browsers for years and I know about that crash thing when you try to log a find. Use Eudora Web - it is a text mode only browser that only understands HTML. Since the wap.geocaching.com site actually uses HTML instead of the XMLish WAP stuff, it works wonderfully. That and it is fast. Old, but free and fast and good and happy. If you want a PRC, I'll put one up on my web site so you don't need to get the big installer.
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:
If you want a PRC, I'll put one up on my web site so you don't need to get the big installer.

Sure post the PRC to your site, and I'll grab it. Send me a PM when you have it up.

Later
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Eudora did it for me already! You can download the Linux package from this page: http://www.eudora.com/products/unsupported/internetsuite/download/ I am just interested in the .prc files (as are you, I'd guess), so that is why I'd get the Linux package. It only contains a little readme document and the programs most people are interested in.

Install EudoraWeb_2.1.prc and if you want to be able to access SSL web sites, also install sslplus_1.0.7i.prc. If you want to check your email with your palm, try out Eudora_2.1.prc.

Don't expect updates any time soon. This version was put out in 2001. It still works wonderfully, but it is obviously abandoned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: