MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exploring in Arizona!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Exploring in Arizona! Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
I really like the pretty red ones with polka-dot thingies on 'em. ummmm

The one's that the smurfs live under?

I really doubt there are any mushrooms where I am - maybe in the Northern part of Arizona I would imagine. When I am out wandering around these parts, here's the simple flow check I use to keep myself safe! Laughing

Last edited by jaywc7 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very true.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really doubt there are any mushrooms where I am

Exclamation Talk about discrimination! I post in the "Mushroom Forum" and my post clearly includes discussion concerning mushrooms, and yet the post is still moved to a new thread. Why are the moderators out to get me? The funny thing is - they like to avoid confrontataion, ESPECIALLY when the finger is pointed at them. I'm sure by the end of the day, this topic will be locked, and the moderator(s) who did this will avoid yet another accusation. How immature...

Oh well - now that this is stuck here - anyone want to talk about Arizona?

Wait, let's see - what is the topic now? Oh yeah :

Determining What You Found In Arizona
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaywc7 wrote:
The funny thing is - they like to avoid confrontataion, ESPECIALLY when the finger is pointed at them. I'm sure by the end of the day, this topic will be locked, and the moderator(s) who did this will avoid yet another accusation. How immature...

Please keep your posts on-topic.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I spent some time in Arizona I found... a lot of things. Some caches, but luckily nothing too prickly. Notably, on the birthday of Frank Lloyd Wright today, I recommend the Taliesin West tour in Scottsdale, AZ.

-Aaron

Last edited by s4xton on Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
jaywc7 wrote:
The funny thing is - they like to avoid confrontataion, ESPECIALLY when the finger is pointed at them. I'm sure by the end of the day, this topic will be locked, and the moderator(s) who did this will avoid yet another accusation. How immature...

Please keep your posts on-topic.

Rolling Eyes

Appearently, I haven't quite figured out what "on-topic" exactly means... sigh

Anyways - When I've been geocaching here in Arizona, I've found lots of junk... There is lots of public use land here. People dispose of trash all over the place. It would be so hard to CITO here because the amount of stuff is overwhelming. When I was at the Tread Lightly meeting at the BLM office in Kingman, there was a 4x4 club talking about their trash clean up projects. On one cleanup day they found like 180 tires!!! It will take a lot of work and time to clean this place up. The authorities need to step in more and keep this from happening...
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
When I spent some time in Arizona I found... a lot of things. Some caches, but luckily nothing too prickly. Notably, on the birthday of Frank Lloyd Wright today, I recommend the Taliesin West tour in Scottsdale, AZ.

-Aaron

That's a cool piece of art!!!

Thanks! I'll definately check them out for sure! Very Happy

Whether I'm caching, or just trail riding, I find myself in this area often :

I'll have to go check out the caching in Scottsdale - I know the nightlife is boring...
Too many stuck up rich people & plastic women!
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite hiking spots is the White Tank Mountains Regional Park on the western edge of Phoenix...

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/white_tank/

There is a beauteous small box canyon with a waterfall tucked way back at the end of one of the major trails. I love climbing to the top of the peaks and just sitting there, watching all the hustle and bustle of the valley below.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked your link, and the first thing I saw was the big announcement about the fire bans. There are fires everywhere down here! It's crazy how dry the land and vegetation is right now. I heard about one fire, and decided to go check it out - I have photos, and would post them here, but they are too large, and would not work on the forums, so I'll just supply a link. The fire photos are about halfway down the page :

http://www.swissperpetual.com/jddpj22.html
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
I'll have to go check out the caching in Scottsdale - I know the nightlife is boring...
Too many stuck up rich people & plastic women![/quote]

I had a blast in old downtown Scottsdale. There is a place on Sunday nights, they have a New Orleans theme, I can't remember the name of it, but they bring in this 70's band that is a total riot. And rich people or not the sights are quite nice to see at places like Martini Ranch and a few of the others right around there. It was a nice diversion from the golf courses the last time I was down there.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was a nice diversion from the golf courses the last time I was down there.

Anything is a nice diversion from a golf course! Laughing

Yeah - I'm not really into the bar/club scene much. Downtown Scottsdale is neat looking and definately historic, but it's just a meat market if you look closely...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: