MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Morel Mushrooms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there's anything that goes perfectly with the stuff I gave sui generis the recipe for its asparagus. If you can bend your brain a little to narrow the search, I will teach you how to not poison yourself picking mushrooms. You might die from it from the garlic and butter and the cream sauce for the shrimp pasta clogging your arteries but then you'll die with a smile.

I haven't done any of theose caches and so will go visit them and pick the most likely prospects, but help never hurts when it comes to whether you saw them walking in or at the cache or on the way to another cache.

I saw them when I was near the coordinates looking for the cache--I'm fairly certain it was one of the eleven I looked for on the 30th, but I can't recall if it was one of the caches I actually found or one of the DNFs (and it seems I have a few of those every time I head out lately). I did see some trillium in bloom near a cache as well, and now I see that is rare to see, too.
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. this helps. Now since the mushrooms are gone, but the trillium plants are still present, does your minds eye tell you it was the same cache???

Trilliums and morels favor very similar ground. Trilliums near the cities here are not common. There are places not far though where you can find acres and acres of them.

Dave
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trillium was near Exonumia: Arrowhead, about half way between the parking lot and the cache, and I'm sure I didn't see the mushrooms at that one, but if they like similar ground, that'd be a good place to look. The brush in that area is really ticky, too, but what isn't this time of year?
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first geocache that I went on (with a friend named Chad, hence my handle) took us to one of my favorite morel picking spots... during the height of morel season! I pleaded with the friends I was with to be careful where they stepped!

And it was on my first trip out with CAG and Buzzygirl that we found the morels that BG was talking about. That was at least three weeks after most people (myself included) had given up looking for them!

BTW: Hi, everyone. I'm new here, but I've been reading your posts here and hunting your chaches, so I feel as though I already know many of you.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...morels in ssp??
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found the late-season morels in Lebanon Hills Park. They sure were good!

Oh, everybody... may I introduce Dan, a/k/a "knowschad". We've cached together a couple of times and are currently cursing the day that Micro on the Levee was hidden.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
hmmm...morels in ssp??

Oh, Kitch... if you only knew who's cache it was that we went after on that first cache of mine! Laughing
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzygirl wrote:

Oh, everybody... may I introduce Dan, a/k/a "knowschad". We've cached together a couple of times and are currently cursing the day that Micro on the Levee was hidden.

Thanks for the introduction, Buzzygirl! Oh yeah... and thanks for getting us lost last weekend! Laughing
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:
and thanks for getting us lost last weekend! Laughing

Not my fault! You had a GPSr too! Smile
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I'm just a poor little old newbie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: