MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about that logo!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: How about that logo! Reply with quote

Let's give Calisota and c k a big hand for their work on the logo! Very cool you two!

Also, the color scheme was their idea as well (though they have not seen our final interpretation yet. . .they may have us do some tweaks).

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by towlebooth on Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found that cache somewhere up in the Sand Dunes State Forest. It was the first one that I ever hunted for. The logo is exactly the way it looked. Nice Logo. JK
EelSid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Logo Reply with quote

Kleiner was that the White Pines cache that had the logo? When I found it it was chewed on (must've been some residual ice cream smell) and in generally bad shape. I emailed the placer but they have no finds and no other placements so maybe it is one of those "phantom users."
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone is still laying claim to and/or watching over that cache either. It is one of the oldest in this state, if I remember right. Maybe after the muzzle-loaders and archers are done I'll make a mission and repair it. It's one of the closest to home.
Lady and Laddy Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Love the Logo Reply with quote

I really like this logo. And I think the colors are great for the website. They fall right in line with the outdoors theme. Great job! Cool
Calisota & c k, when you are able, if I could get a digitized image in a .jpg file I can digitize the logo for machine embroidery. The items sewn would be for sale through the association as a way to earn funds to support the web site etc.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Love the Logo Reply with quote

Lady and Laddy Bugs wrote:

Calisota & c k, when you are able, if I could get a digitized image in a .jpg file I can digitize the logo for machine embroidery. The items sewn would be for sale through the association as a way to earn funds to support the web site etc.

I can get that to you tonight.

Not stealing ck & Callisota's thunder, its just that they have some connection issues that make it difficult for them to email images from their graphics machine. (trying REAL hard not to blame the non-pc maker of their graphics machine Twisted Evil )

towlebooth
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me the files too..

My non-wintel machines don't have any connection problems... Razz

I've got a button maker. I'd like to start making some buttons to seed area caches with. (Presuming there are no objections..... Anyone?)

I can accept vector formats as well as raster.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance - what dimensions for the buttons? Inches or pixels. Think I could get a set by Saturday? I'm headed to Duluth/Cook for the holiday and will be caching.
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll move the technical details to personal email....
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with it. I'll forward this to Ms. Calisota now to be sure she is in agreeance. I know she initially wanted to do some "retouching" of the logo to make it perfect for everyone.
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

Calisota and I conferred, and would like to touch up the logo for everyone before it goes into mass production. We'd jsut like it to be as perfect as it could if it's going to be reproduced in embrodery, on buttons, etc. I'm sure everyone feels the same.

Sorry for the delay, but we'll have it touched up tonight and resend it for everyone's approval.

Thanks much!
ck
(of the Klein-Baumgartner-Toy geo-clan)
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's the long awaited answer some of you have been looking for. After our intent to update the logo swiftly, we've decided to let it stand for now. After much discussion, it was decided that we really do not have the time to touch the logo up immediately. (Especially with Ms. Calisota heading to her native state for X-mas). So, I'd openly allow anyone to use the logo if needed. I currently only have it as a PDF file, but if you are requiring anything other than that, I believe Towlebooth and Jillibean can help you.

Please feel free to contact me with any issues! And thanks for everyones interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: