MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How close can Caches be?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Bird and Son
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: How close can Caches be? Reply with quote

I placed out a series of caches and they haven't been approved yet. In the meantime, I was wondering how close one cache can be to another one?
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the (Looks like recently updated!) Guidelines page

.1 mile...
ck
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think they're more interesting if they're further apart than that, (1 mile - minimum) but I do realize that this is hard to do in some areas. I guess I'm more inclined to enjoy "quality" caches as opposed to "quantity" caches.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's nice to just park the car and be able to find 5 or 6 caches over 2 or 3 hours. I'm thinking specifically of Bunker Hills and Coon Rapids Dam. I think most of those are over .1 miles apart. I agree with 15T that it would be hard to place caches over 1 mile apart, especially in the cities. There are some pretty cool places that would make good cache sites that are closer together than that. IMHO, I think caches should be placed at LEAST 500 feet apart, or .1 miles.
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appreciate being able to hit more than one cache while parked in one location. i don't recall the name off the top of my head, but there's a park in maple grove that i visited in december that had both a regular and a micro cache.

while it's nice to go to more than one place when parking, as r.j. mentioned, it certainly isn't a requirement for me. i think of it as a bonus, i guess. this wouldn't be practical in small, community parks, of course, but doubling up in large parks allows more than one person to hide a cache.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: