MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You are being watched

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: You are being watched Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to find out who is 'watching' your cache? I am always curious.
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: watching caches Reply with quote

hey rock, it looks like you beat me to one of the four caches i hit today. this came one day after i hit your new cache in minnetonka.

anyway, regarding the watch lists, i'm not sure if you can find out or not. what i do know, i watch every cache i hit (since i haven't hit that many yet.) i like to read about people who find a cache after i do and see what they take. i don't leave a lot of fancy stuff, but i leave some decent things, so i like to see if somebody takes what i leave.

the drawback, when i get an e-mail telling me of a watched cache log update, too often it's a note from somebody who is dropping off a travel bug, or worse yet, heading out to a cache to swap or take a bug.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: You are being watched Reply with quote

R.J. wrote:
Does anyone know how to find out who is 'watching' your cache? I am always curious.

This was recently asked on the geocaching.com forums. It seems that the only way to find out is to log a note on your cache page asking those who are watching it to email you, and then hope that they do.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that would have been asked already, and I was right. I've been to the geocaching.com forums before and there seems to be an endless amount of information. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to start looking. Thanks Moe for the idea.
MNSledHead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Watching... Reply with quote

I asked that same question of the Geocaching.com system operator. His reply was that there is currently no automatic way to determine who is watching. The solution in an earlier post seems to be the only method at this time.

-MNSledHead
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: geocaching FAQ Reply with quote

the geocaching FAQ page also addresses this and says that as this time you are unable to determine who is watching the page.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks hardware for the info. Thanks to all the previous posts too. My question has been answered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: