MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Park Stamps!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:
Maybe the parks could just hide a stamp in the woods and we could stamp our passports and report it as a find for our caching

Why didn't I think of that? It's already been done in Three Rivers parks, at least it was 25 years ago.

I can't find it now, but when I was on the XC ski team in high school there was a 50K patch given to people that skied 50K spread over a number of parks. The proof were the stamps placed at the farthest point of the trail.

The stamps weren't hidden, but provided much the same incentive as a geocache to enjoy the park.

My team did it in one day!
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting discussion indeed. I know that besides National Parks, you can also get a stamp at other National areas, such as: St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, Apostle Islands National Scenic Seashore, as well as National Forests I think...

I once had an idea to plant a rubber stamp in a cache, but never pursued it. I'm sure it's a fairly common thing here and there. Perhapps I will do so. I want to order a stamp though that has the specific date on it. I wish Geocaches were always a stamp. I'd much rather have a special book with a bunch of stamps and dates in it, then some signatures out in the woods, and a digital log online... Perhapps implementing this concept into my future caches will yield interest.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that what letterboxing is all about - stamping- give it a look. There is a link at gc.com
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh... That shows what I know. I usually don't pursue letterboxes. Thanks for the heads up! Maybe this is my calling... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: