MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapping question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Mapping question Reply with quote

Have a iFinder hunt.

Have the map software for it.

If I choose a waypoint and place it in the software map on the computer, it places it where it believes the coordinates are on the map.

If I place a waypoint into the GPSr, the GPSR has the coordinates and it displays the waypoint on it's map where it thinks it should be on the map.

If I go to the coordinates for a waypoint in the GPSr the map and the placed waypoint on the map usually agree pretty close

Here's the question: If I place a waypoint on a map in my computer, then copy that map to the memory chip and then go to that waypoint can I expect a similar margin of error as when I try to go to waypoint coordinates taken by another GPSr? ie the error of my GPSr plus the error of the other GPSr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: