MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-MOGA planning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koszmo&Andie
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in MO guys. I'm sure you will do a good job representin'.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already time to start our talks for MOGA 2006:

Minnesota Cup:

I know several of us have chatted about the famed "Minnesota Cup" which would be given to the winners of the team event at MOGA. It would be engraved with the winning team's name, state, and year and then carried around for the year and returned for the next MOGA. Obviously, Team MnGCA would foot the bill for the creation and the two engraved plaques.

How series are we about this? I personally think it's a great idea and would be an excellent addition to the prizes and awards already available at MOGA.

T-shirts:

Last year we didn't have our our t-shirts and I really think that we should come up w/something snazzy for them this year. Here's my first thought:

A green t-shirt with "Woot?" on the front. On the back, a golden representation of the much talked about "Minnesota Cup" with a 1st place medal hanging around it. Under that it will say, "Woot."

pre-MOGA event:

Is anyone else willing to host the pre-MOGA event here in MN this year? All those that helped this year would probably like to participate in the event rather than plan, host, and carry it out. If it's absolutely necessary I will again do the event (with help) but I'd really like to pass it on to someone else.

If you need punches please let me know -- I have 6 of them for sure. Where the other four are I have no idea Wink Probably in my mess of a garage somewhere Smile
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
It's already time to start our talks for MOGA 2006:

Minnesota Cup:

How series are we about this? I personally think it's a great idea and would be an excellent addition to the prizes and awards already available at MOGA.

I'm in for my share. I think that it's a great idea, as long as we will be continuing to field a MnGCA team.

T-shirts:

A green t-shirt with "Woot?" on the front. On the back, a golden representation of the much talked about "Minnesota Cup" with a 1st place medal hanging around it. Under that it will say, "Woot."

As you know I tried to push the T-shirt idea last year so of course I'm in for it this year. I think that it's got to say "TEAM MnGCA" on it somewhere. I'd like to see our names across the shoulders. I think that Woot on the front and back is over kill, unless you do it with the ? mark on the front and spell out it's meaning on the back. For most of us older generation we don't know what it means unless we ask one of you young pups. If we use the cup and the "Woot" are we not rubbing their noeses in it a little bit or is it a lot. If so, then we need to add 2-0 on the cup.

pre-MOGA event:

Is anyone else willing to host the pre-MOGA event here in MN this year? All those that helped this year would probably like to participate in the event rather than plan, host, and carry it out. If it's absolutely necessary I will again do the event (with help) but I'd really like to pass it on to someone else.

If you need punches please let me know -- I have 6 of them for sure. Where the other four are I have no idea Wink Probably in my mess of a garage somewhere Smile

I'm willing to help. Maybe we can come up with an idea that allows all of us to participate as well as execute. Maybe a couple of different legs put out so that you do someone else leg.

Anyway, I'm planning on attending. Just wish I knew when it would be so I could make sure I don't make the family any promises that I can't keep. Like the spring trip to Florida next year.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
spell out it's meaning on the back. For most of us older generation we don't know what it means unless we ask one of you young pups.

Well, knowing is half the battle -- so if no one knows we have a 50% advantage, right? Wink
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Cup - my idea so I'm in. I mentioned it to next year's coordinator at MOGA. I can contact them again and offer to supply and name the cup. What I'd like to have agreed with MOGA coods is that the cup actually stay with them rather than be given to the winning team. That we we can be sure it won't walk away.

T-shirts - sounds great. My thoughts:

Front:
MOGA 2006
WOOT (or w00t)
Park Name, MO

(the first and third lines in a circle around WOOT)

Back:
Our geo-handle across the back above the MnGCA logo (board approval required of course - Bill, as V.P. can you get us the needed approval to use said logo?).

towlebooth
LOGO
LOGO
LOGO
Team MnGCA

Using different names will make it more $$ but it might be worth it.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please chime in - who is willing to put up $50 for a share of the MOGA Minnesota cup? More? Less? I'll link several choices and we'll discuss further. It would help to know how much money we're talking about.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Please chime in - who is willing to put up $50 for a share of the MOGA Minnesota cup? More? Less? I'll link several choices and we'll discuss further. It would help to know how much money we're talking about.

I'm willing to put up whatever is necessary but if we can shrink the costs down just a bit that would be nice Wink
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said I'm willing to pay my fair share. But hopefully, it will be something along the less line and not more.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:

I am in for the $50 or less as well.

Be more than willing to help with a MN pre event as well.

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOwOOtLY I'm in!! Laughing I like TB's idea on the shirts with name and logo and of course wOOt! I also will help in any way with a practice event. Seven mile creek has the right topo!!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneied Cooky wrote:
Seven mile creek has the right topo!!

It sure does.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there dates for the 2006 event? I'll be bidding my '06 vacation in October (assuming there still is a NW around then) and I'd be VERY interested in going next year.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, no. mtn-man has been iffy about approving *our* caches more than three months in advance. Perhaps SLAGA has a different situation w/MOGA because of the distances people have proven they will travel to the event.

My note for the first "MOGA" (then the Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition) was 10/18/2003. It looks like the first couple notes were back in late September.

10/11/2004 was the first note on the cache page for MOGA and I had posted my note to it on 10/16/04.

So if they are still able to post the cache page that far in advance it's looking like Mid October before we will know the dates, location, etc.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, SB, I'll look for it then.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:

T-shirts - sounds great. My thoughts:

Front:
MOGA 2006
WOOT (or w00t)
Park Name, MO

(the first and third lines in a circle around WOOT)

Back:
Our geo-handle across the back above the MnGCA logo (board approval required of course - Bill, as V.P. can you get us the needed approval to use said logo?).

towlebooth
LOGO
LOGO
LOGO
Team MnGCA

Using different names will make it more $$ but it might be worth it.

I take back the request for board approval. In reading the Bylays again (Section VII) it seems that as active members we can use the logo for personal reasons. As long as we don't sell the shirts for profit we seem good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: