MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaito/Degen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

5savages wrote:
Buzzygirl, I keep running into you all over. I don't post much anywhere and when I do I don't have the same username so I know you don't recognize my username. I've seen you post on QRZ, Pro-95 group, on one of the Kaito-Degen groups, and when I was researching getting a telescope for the kids I saw your name in a post somewhere!! Spooky!

When I bought my first scanner (radio type, not computer type) a few years ago, just before I got my amateur radio license, I programmed in all the local repeaters expecting to hear a bunch of old men and instead one of the first voices I heard was yours.

Whoa, weird indeed! I am not on the local repeaters anymore. There are very few women on the air, and I often found it hard to strike up a conversation with "the guys", so I mostly listened, which got boring real quickly.

I actually sold most of my radio equipment, as I had to go off the air when I moved to an antenna-unfriendly location in 2003. I was mostly active as an HF DXer.

I'm still fairly active on the Kaito-Degen 1102 and 1103 groups, though. I really like their products. I don't have a super-duper outdoor antenna system, but I have made the best of some indoor designs of my own.

It's funny how many radio people get into geocaching too. I know of several radio amateurs in the MnGCA who are also active geocachers. Seems like our penchant for gadgets leads us to all sorts of devices that pick up radio signals. Smile
5savages
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Buzzygirl wrote:

I'm still fairly active on the Kaito-Degen 1102 and 1103 groups, though. I really like their products. I don't have a super-duper outdoor antenna system, but I have made the best of some indoor designs of my own.

That's the cool thing about the Kaito/Degen lines, you don't need a great antenna.

Well, I'm sure we'll cross trails at some point.
Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: