MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family Guy/American Dad Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone catch the new Family Guy (and American Dad) last night? I was actually going into the new season of Family Guy with an open mind but still wondering if we would have lost some of the humor to the critics...

Well, within minutes I was already ROFL and by the time we got to Pinnochio and Geppetto I was nearly in tears. I had to say WELL DONE to the new writers. They were really able to capture Family Guy and run with it.

As for American Dad... Well, it was different and certainly not as funny as it could have been but it's young yet. Maybe it will snowball into something really hysterical. We'll have to see.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed them both, crud!! Glad to hear Seth McFarlane's still on top of his game!
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pinnochio and Geppetto

I couldn't believe this when I saw it! First I was in awe, and then histerical and violent laughter which ended in tears...

I couldn't believe all the sex reference, and the swearing thrown in here and there. I actually don't watch much television, and must have missed the changeover from reasonable primetime to out of hand. I do think it was clever and funny, but I just worry about the children around the country that shouldn't be exposed to such things.

I definately like Family Guy better then American Dad. My favorite is probably Brian. If you want my honest opinion though, nothing will ever top the Simpsons! I turned on the TV in search of Simpsons, and somehow it stayed on long enough for me to realize that I should have just watched the Simpsons and turned it off.

Oh well - they can't last forever can they? Even the Smurfs got phased out! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: