MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PDA Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: PDA Software Reply with quote

Hey anyone out there know of a Pocket PC software that does what EasyGPS or GSAK does. I'm looking for something that I can put on my Pocket PC that will allow me to enter waypoint (Lat/Long) and then upload them to my Garmin. Anyone got any ideas.

I'm looking for something that I can use in the field. So I don't want to create them on my desktop then transfer them to the PDA. I already run streets and trips on the PDA but that doesn't do what I want to do.

I really want just a simple app like EasyGPS that allows me to create a list of new waypoints and then upload them to the GPS.

Thanks.
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.. don't know either....Are you using GSAK on your desktop? I really like it. My Rino holds 500 waypoints (I see that the higher end ones units hold 1000).....I use GSAK and set the nearest cache to home as my center point...then chose to "send to GPS" 1 to 300. Since I took Early Starts advice and set up my Palm to store all the cache info for every cache in Minnesota, I figure if I need the waypoint info "in the field" for one I don't have loaded in the GPSr, I could manually key in the coords.

I also have the Streets and Maps software on my Palm...It's pretty neat but I agree....it would be so much better if there was a way to send the coords easily from the PDA

Hopefully someone else knows of a way to send waypoints to GPSr from Palm...........I just purchased a Laptop computer over the weekend...With the GSAK program set up like Early Starts showed us...It is very easy to "shoot" waypoints into the GPSr from the car.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: