MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camelot Park and Egan Park In Plymouth ~ Up For Grabs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleXplore
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Camelot Park and Egan Park In Plymouth ~ Up For Grabs Reply with quote

Spinowner emailed me saying he isn't interested in placing a cache in either park. If Sheriff Bob wasn't so trigger happy with locking my posts, and mtn-man wasn't so incensed with our elite cachecare idea I might actually try going thru the approval process by myself.

So, both of these parks are apparently open ~ first come, first serve. Both parks are located in the NW corner of Plymouth bordering the south side of highway 47 and west of 494. Camelot Park surrounds Mud Lake. Egan Park (McGruff) is an off-leash doggie park just west of Dunkirk Lane N. Why don't a couple of you get together and do a team placement. I don't understand why common curosity can't prevail and members arrange for a placement in this forum without some zealous eager beaver ruining it by getting a jump start. Why can't a couple of you post your intentions and see if common curosity prevails. Hey, this might be a FIRST for MnGCA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the impression that geocaching in a metro area may be like the 1800s land rush in Oklahoma. Or the land rush in Minnesota when Irish, German, Swedish, etc European settlers were already staking out their land claims west of the Mississippi before the ink had even dried (signed) on the coerced Mdewakanton~Santee treaty to cede most all of their lands west of the Mississippi River. Same ting with the 1837-38 treaty ceding all their lands east of the Miss. R.

Here's what I expect could now happen. No one will submit a cache placement for either of these parks because they don't want to be seen as being too eager. Is there any one that would be willing to team up with me? We'll email each other with ideas. I'm willing to do most of the leg work if you are willing to submit it for approval. I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm pretty creative when it comes to cache containers and hiding places. But I'd be perfectly happy if one or more of you want to go it on your own.

If someone else has already scouted either of these parks, is in the cache placement planning stage and feels they have first rights please let us all know.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn this is spooky. I was at Egan park today with the "Geo dog in training".

I knew there was no cache there as I checked before leaving home.
Kept thinking that I could see good spots for a cache.

Humm, what to do? What to do? Rolling Eyes

Liverbird of WWPP, Team Wicket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mtn-man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelot Park and Egan Park In Plymouth ~ Up For Grabs Reply with quote

EagleXplore wrote:
If Sheriff Bob wasn't so trigger happy with locking my posts, and mtn-man wasn't so incensed with our elite cachecare idea I might actually try going thru the approval process by myself.

I guess you did not read the email I sent you. Since you are reading the forums here I will post what I sent to you on 2-8-05.
Quote:
Now, with all of that said, if you submit a cache and it conforms to the guidelines then I will be happy to list it. I do not have any emotion regarding cache approval. Either it passes the guidelines or it doesn't. There is no possible way for anyone to physically inspect each cache before it is listed. In fact, we are not supposed to be the first to find since that takes that prestigious honor from the rank and file cachers out there. We rely on cachers to be honest and forthcoming in their submissions. If someone lists a cache we don't know if they will drop out in six months or so. It happens, but as you have noted we cannot discriminate based on our gut feelings. If the cache passes the guidelines then we list it. I doubt if you will stay with geocaching long, but despite that personal opinion I will list any cache you submit if it conforms to the guidelines for the site. You are not the first person to think that you know more than anyone else about what is best for everybody else, but usually folks like you seem to get bored and move on. If you don't and you do hang around, then that is fine with me. If you do get bored and move on, then so be it.

For what its worth, I have been threatened by this group. I got this in email.
Quote:
To: mtn-man
Cc: cachecare@hotmail.com
Subject: Get Over It!

mnt-man,

The South Lost! Get Over It! Thanks to Minnesota and Wisconsin (Old Abe) the best men won.

Thanks to all the transplants moving to North Atlanta it's once again a respectable town. We are getting together an elite group from Team Cachecare to make a thorough inspection of 27 of your hides in Tennessee and Georgia. You can try to stop us at Kennesaw, but us yanks will break through your ranks. Resistance is Futile!

Our elite team will clean up any cache trash that we deem to be cachelitter.

Good luck. Many of mine are some of the toughest in GA. First of all, please start on the ones in TN. It also might help if your people could count. In any case, I will be giving you plenty of additional caches to inspect, so you should monitor the site closely. I am going to start a "Cache Bigots" series especially for you. Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word "bigot" as "a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices". Um, yeah, that fits you guys.

Dang, I did not know you guys were so old that you fought in the Civil War. I guess that is that the email refers to. We got over it a long time ago. You should probably take your own advice. This is the 21st Century. Feel free to join us in it if you would like.

In any case, if your cache does fit within the guidelines I will gladly list it. I would really be curious to see how long it lasts before someone in your area decides that they would like to inspect your cache to determine if it is cachelitter. After all, I would hope you would expect people to treat you as you treat them.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this thread because this is not a forum for personal disputes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: