MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Hiding Places for Spinowner or ...?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleXplore
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Two Hiding Places for Spinowner or ...? Reply with quote

Between silent bob and mtn-man my chances of ever getting a hiding place approved are zero and zilch. I've scouted two parks that I was going to submit as a test run to see if I had any glimmer of hope for approval. As many of you can attest much time and energy can be spent at a potential cache location just sizing up your hiding places and preparing containers, treasure, logbook, etc only to see it given to another geocacher (which would surely happen to me). It would make more sense to submit my Lake Pepin geocaches to www.earthcache.org and let geoware and Jeremy take the credit than have them trounced by mtn-man and silent bob.

So, instead of even submitting these two hiding locations for what would be a 'disapproval' I'd like instead to share these two test run placements of mine with you all. I'm most interested to see if Spinowner is interested, and if so will the more zealous eager beavers even give Spinowner the first option or does this sport border on a zealous~selfish dog eat dog playing field in which ME, MYSELF, and I are the #1 Rule of this game? Hiding places are fewer and more contested with the likes of KB and other zealous geocachers in their endless pursuit for more and more territory.

Both of these parks are located in the NW corner of Plymouth. They are both located on the south side of highway 47 and west of 494. Camelot Park is located around Mud Lake with some of the best secluded hiding places on the south side of the lake in a wooded area. Egan Park (McGruff) is located further west just past Dunkirk Lane N. This is an off-leash dog exercise area that has 3 good hiding areas~places (one place has the neatest old tree you could ever hope to find) that might possibly be better suited for night caching if it were a multi-cache (unless you have a dog that is very obedient while you are searching for the caches during the daytime as this park is constantly frequented by dogs w/owners.

One possible tactic by mtn-man will be to claim that both of these parks are already into the approval process. Well, either way it will be very interesting to see how long it takes before these two parks are awarded to someone and who will be the lucky geocacher?
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will respond to EagleXplore via geomail.
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear this is betterr than the Comedy Channel.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone is clear, I locked this thread earlier today following our longstanding (and board-approved) policy of not allowing personal disputes to be fought here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: