MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

did i do something wrong?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: did i do something wrong? Reply with quote

i am attempting to hide my first cache. it's hidden, and it's a two-step cache, so let's hope i have everything right.

i realize it takes 1 to 2 days for the cache to be reviewed and posted online. but evidently i'm able to see the page, prior to approval. yet the link that was provided, both in the confirmation e-mail and upon completion of the form, only sends me back to the "hide a cache" page, not to the prototype page for my cache. is this typical?
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, I go straight to "My Cache Page" on geocaching.com It's on the left hand side by some other options. Even before being posted, my caches show up there and I can always go to them. Maybe your situation is a glitch. Good luck and I look forward to finding your cache!
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: no sign of it Reply with quote

there was no sign of it on "my cache page" or thru the link, but i did receive a confirmation e-mail, so i know the info was transmitted. we'll see what happens in the next day or two.

this was going to be a traditional cache, but i realized i could borrow an idea from your "Gee" cache and make it a two-step cache. making it a two-step cache may make it easier to locate, i'm not sure. getting to it isn't as easy as going to a public park in hopkins. this cache is hidden in minnetonka.

hava a good week.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you logged in on the geocaching.com site when trying to view your page? If not, the site won't know you're the owner and therefore won't let you view the page.
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: it's good! Reply with quote

yes, i was logged in when trying to find my page, yet even with a link to it, it wouldn't show up. it is now approved, however, and is simply called "Hardware's First Cache."

thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: