MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad Old Putty Cat

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrwald
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Bad Old Putty Cat Reply with quote

In response to most recent log. OUCH!!! Who is this guy?
EagleXplore
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not easy for Eagles to cuddle up to a Bad Old Putty Cat that makes its home in an oak bird house.

Whose Birdhouse? __________________________
Was it your idea to afiX a birdhouse to a tree with metal hardware? _____
Since when are bird houses an appropriate cache container? __________

You are setting a poor geocaching eXample. If your birdhouse cache container is OK than why not a Wood Duck house for a bigger cache with more treasure. Maybe MnGCA needs to eXtablish a size limit (e.g. no bigger than a wren house).

What are the dimensions of your bird house cache container? __ __ __
You may gain worldwide fame for eXtablishing the Minnesota bird house Catcache Standard.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, let me welcome you to MNGCA and to the sport of Geocaching. Up until now I have only followed your posts and withheld my opinion. But this last post has pushed my buttons just a little to far.

Iím really hoping that one of the Admins edits your post as you have surely provide adequate hints to the location of a cache.

But moreover, Iím really starting to get pissed at your attitude on this site. Are you intentionally trying to piss everyone off. You come into this site as a new member and immediately start telling everyone how great ďYouĒ are and how great your cache hides will be in the future. You criticize other members, you criticize the types of caches in the state and you donít seem to want to even attempt to make nice and learn about the sport of the people playing.

This isnít meant to start a flame session on you, but maybe you should rethink your approach to the people here. You donít know us and we sure donít know you. But you sure are not endearing yourself on the people that have spent several years playing already. I sure be invited and then come into your house and immediately start telling you how your furnishing sucked or your decorating left something to be desired.

Maybe instead of talking you should let your actions speak for you. This is not a sport that has to meet your standards. It is a sport that each individual sets their own. If you donít like something you donít have to play, now do you. If you donít like the way a particular hider places caches then donít try to find his caches.

Geocaching has come a long, long way in the last two years in this state. I applaud your attitude for wanting to take it a ďstep furtherĒ in you mind. But until you establish yourself and develop a reputation for being a good cacher (both hider and/or finder) maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself. Maybe I should follow my own advice and not have posted this. But I take this sport seriously and for fun. Iíve met a lot of great people here that I would never have had the opportunity to do so otherwise. From the young to the old; both men and women. We come from all walks of life and have a very diverse background. What brings us all together for fun and enjoyment is Geocaching. Again welcome to the forum, hope to someday meet you and maybe after a year or so caching, finding the easiest to some of the most difficult, to the challenging caches in the state you will see the light.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this would happen. Locking.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: