MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cache of the month-

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: cache of the month- Reply with quote

Is there somewhere on this site that lists all previous caches? Now that we are around here more it would be fun to try some of them.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mngca.org/articleindex.php
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is currently under development. It's of secondary priority after some admin areas for content providers (and dependent on some database changes coming for the admin area), but all part of the plan. I hope to have it done by mid-Feb.

Currently the best way to see them all is to view one of the COTM articles. At the bottom of each on is a list of all other COTM write-ups:

http://www.mngca.org/articles.php?strArtType=4&strArtID=80
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a reply to SB's Feb. cache of the month. I was just wondering is it possible to set the COTM up on the main page as a seperate main title? This would make it easier for people to see what is going on with these. instead of having to go through the "website" title to find it. This is just my two cents, though.

Also SB,

I would submit caches for the COTM but my whole problem is that most of the TC area cachers have not been out to this part of the state, and I haven't been to more than maybe a dozen or so in the TC area. I don't feel they would get any votes for the same reason I don't vote for the ones in theTC.

I don't feel right about voting for caches that I haven't been to, yet.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would submit caches for the COTM but my whole problem is that most of the TC area cachers have not been out to this part of the state, and I haven't been to more than maybe a dozen or so in the TC area.

To coin an old phrase " it is an honor to just be nominated". So what if people don't vote for it. If nothing else, we can all see that the cache was nominated and can choose to go visit it at a later date. It gives us a look at the best caches in Minnesota. That is really the purpose isn't it? So what if you rarely make it to the twin cities area? When you do come, wouldn't you like a short list of a couple of caches that someone has deemed "really neat" ? I NEVER cache in Southern Minnesota south of Rochester. However, because someone felt "Lair" was a really good cache, they nominated it. It inspired us to make the several hour trip just to visit that cache. It was well worth it.

As far as voting for one you haven't visited, that is your choice. However, I've voted for ones I didn't visit, because I didn't feel the alternatives I did visit really merited the award.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I was just wondering is it possible to set the COTM up on the main page as a seperate main title?

It would be possible but it's unnecessary. There isn't enough traffic to warrant that. You should try and use "View Posts Since Last Visit" as a way to see all the new posts. It's easier than having to manually go through every topic:

http://www.mngca.org/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:

I would submit caches for the COTM but my whole problem is that most of the TC area cachers have not been out to this part of the state, and I haven't been to more than maybe a dozen or so in the TC area. I don't feel they would get any votes for the same reason I don't vote for the ones in theTC.

I have nominated a couple of caches that are in my area, the "Metro crew" haven't gone to. I will not win the votes, but at least I'm helping nominate some caches I feel worthy.

Also I have noticed that those caches get quite a few hits shortly after being nominated.

If you REALLY enjoyed a cache, share it with us!

Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: