MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cache of the Month nominations needed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
former hawkeye wrote:
I sent my October nomination by private message to Camocacher yesterday. Very Happy

I sent mine in the other day.

Got it
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange&blue wrote:
Hi, longtime lurker - this topic finally motivated us to post.

Thanks for doing the caches of the month. We enjoy hearing about them. Too bad there doesn't seem to be that much interest from others. We have a number of favorite caches, but as newer cachers there doesn't seem to be a real easy way to see if a cache has already been honored as COTM. So, in the interest of stepping up to the plate, hopefully this one hasn't been nominated previously.

We have been caching for just less than a year but there is one that we found on our first day out back in November, 2005 (with AngieTheHiker and Taurean Rat) that has really stuck in our minds.

Orange&Blue would like to nominate Load Limit (GCQ9QJ) by knowschad as Cache of the Month. This cache has it all: mental & physical challenge, great craftsmanship and a wonderful sense of humor. Because of the enjoyment we received, we became hooked on geocaching. The only disappointment came in realizing down the road that not all caches are placed with the same level of care and creativity. Shortly before experiencing Load Limit, we visited the International Spy Museum in Washington, D.C. and were impressed with the displays of gadgets and techniques used by spies to hide things in plain sight. It was amazing to see similar techniques used in geocaching! We corresponded with knowschad after the find to let him know how impressed we were and he was kind enough to explain some of his methods. This cache made quite an impression on us and we hope others have a chance to enjoy it as well.

Thank you. I don't think it is a lack of interest but more that these guys like to procrasinate. Once I put up the second reminder of the month my boxes fills up.

I have added your nomination.
orange&blue
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please send them to me via private message in the forums or via email through my profile on gc.com.

Oops - sorry.
Quote:
There are two public bookmark list for caches nominated for COTM and the winners.

Thank you, very helpful.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="orange&blue"]
Quote:
Please send them to me via private message in the forums or via email through my profile on gc.com.

Oops - sorry.

Don't worry about it.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder that nominations are due Oct 23rd for the NOV COTM. Voting will open on the 25th of Oct till the 5th.

In the future Nominations will be due by the 23th. Voting will open the 25th of the month and run for 10 days.

CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten ABSOLUTLY NO nominations this month. We are quickly approaching the dealine.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder that nominations are due Oct 23rd for the Dec COTM. Voting will open on the 25th of Nov till the 5th of Dec.

In the future Nominations will be due by the 23th. Voting will open the 25th of the month and run for 10 days.

Also next month and every 3 mnths thereafter I want nominations from out of state caches only. That way we get to know and experince great caches not only in the Metro but in the out state areas that have ALOT to add to our experiences.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I have gotten ABSOLUTLY NO nominations this month. We are quickly approaching the dealine.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
BTW I have gotten ABSOLUTLY NO nominations this month. We are quickly approaching the dealine.

If we could nominate caches across the border, I'd nominate "The Gauntlet".
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

Your too Funny!

Hmmmm...I don't see why we couldn't put in WI caches.....Lets run a Poll on it and see what everyone thinks. I have no issue with it but you have to do the write up.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

Trouble maker. Very Happy
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Moe the Sleaze wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

Your too Funny!

Hmmmm...I don't see why we couldn't put in WI caches.....Lets run a Poll on it and see what everyone thinks. I have no issue with it but you have to do the write up.

I'd say I'd rather see MN caches than outside...unless they are JUST across the border (say fargo/hudson/superior). Basically, we're trying to nominate the BEST caches in MN right? What does it say if the best cache in MN for a month is in Iowa? Rolling Eyes

Celticwulf
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:
Moe the Sleaze wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

Your too Funny!

I'd say I'd rather see MN caches than outside...unless they are JUST across the border (say fargo/hudson/superior). Basically, we're trying to nominate the BEST caches in MN right? What does it say if the best cache in MN for a month is in Iowa? Rolling Eyes

Celticwulf

Makes sense I just wasn't gonna make a decision for all of us, instead better to put it to vote. I don't care either way I am just the nut in the wheel that cranks out the COTM.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:
Moe the Sleaze wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

Your too Funny!

Celticwulf

I agree, Minnesota.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is the same as the poll. Keep it to one or the other please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: