MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA CROIX DIST USFS CACHES

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: LA CROIX DIST USFS CACHES Reply with quote

Picked up our email and found this message from the La Croix District which I have been asked to pass on to you. There has been a change of personal in the district. Last fall they decided to see what this geocaching was all about and check on the caches in the district.

The IN ADDTION at the start of the message refers to other comments they made to me directly about my FIRE AND ICE cache concerning their interest in the favorable comments that were made in the logbook and future plans for the trail.

These people so far are very geocache friendly. All they ask is that you register your cache and get it accepted to their guidelines, which are different than those of geocaching.com. They are monitoring the gc web page for caches placed in the La Croix district just like the Kawishiwi district is doing. Please register your caches so we can all stay on good terms with them. [b]or archive them if you are no longer interested in your cache and let them know.[/b]This has been discussed on this web site in detail already, or you can find the info on the Superior National Forest Website. I am doing this from Mexico on a pay computer so donít want to take the time to go find it now.

Here is the message:

[b] In addition, we would also appreciate it if you could spread the word in
the northern MN geocaching community that a permit is needed from the
responsible Ranger District for a geocache. I found geocaches on the
website that were placed near the Echo Lake Campground (towlebooth) and
Vermilion Falls (Team Beeblebrox), neither has filed a registration form
with our office. Each Ranger District has a responsibility to monitor and
keep track of this recreational activity on federal lands and therefore the
need for the registration forms.

If at any time you or other geocachers have any suggestions or comments regarding
recreation activities on the LaCroix Ranger District we would appreciate
hearing from you.

Sincerely,

/s/ Tim Engrav

Tim Engrav
Assistant District Ranger for Recreation/Wilderness/Special Uses
LaCroix Ranger District
320 North Highway 53
Cook, MN 55723
(218) 666-0025
tengrav@fs.fed.us
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an important item eagleyes, thanks for bringing it up here in the Northern forum.

Further discussion is going on in Park Relations. As such I'm going to lock this thread.

Please contiue this discussion here:
http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1306
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: