MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No. MN cacher in accident....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: No. MN cacher in accident.... Reply with quote

Some of you have met and/or know North Trekker. She was in an automobile accident (some guy turned in front of her) on Monday on 169-at the Keewatin turn off -maybe you heard of the accident. Maybe you could send her an email or give her a jingle to cheer her up-she is at home now. This is one enthusiastic caching lady!
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: caching! Reply with quote

Wink

Thanks Eagleyes and crew. I am doing okay. Accident happened on 12/27 and yes, I was out to go geocaching on my day off. Heading to do one of the Hooligan caches as well as one of Taconite's and Ole & Lena's. I was heading west on hwy 169 at a clip of about 62 mph and someone pulled out of the median right in front of me, with the intention of crossing the highway to enter Keewatin. I hit him full force. We are all fine, though a bit beat up. Medication and PT will help all that. A second or 2 turns to what seems like minutes, before impact. Even some time there to ponder life and tell oneself to not hit their head or break their neck. I was thankful no one was with me. Geopup would have taken it hard. My geocaching treasures flew all over the car. Bottom line, crash test ratings mean something and I'm now a firm believer in seatbelts. Without it, my geocaching days would be up. My geocar is history and can be replaced - it did okay though, with the impact, I just lost 1/2 of it.

Oh yeah, the kicker in all of this is that I have 3 Lakers that I need to get in a cache tomorrow. Winter storm warning - rain, ice, sleet, snow.

You folks are great - thanks a bunch.

Happy New Year!

NTrek
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ntrek,

That's good to hear your already home. Sounds like your in good spirits. Hope the recovery goes smooth, and you are caching again in no time.

Happy New Year!
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ntrek,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Crying or Very sad I'm sure you still are very sore and we are wishing you a speeding recovery. I drive that roadway every week, and have had a few close calls myself. The fact that you were going out to do one of our caches makes us feel all the worse. Thank God you are alright! Take care and if I can help with those lakers let me know. With everything covered in ice right now, I think you will be stuck with them for a while.

Team Hooligan.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Eagleyes for the announcement Rolling Eyes and of course your good wishes.... as well as TeamHooligan, LoneEagle & Crew. Doing pretty decent now. If we didn't have a ton of snow, I'd be out caching! Sort of into geocaching withdrawl at present. With all our snow it seems like one needs a shovel (hack hack). Might need to venture south soon and do some caching. I hear there is a good cache near the bluffs in LaGrange! Wink It's a great community here. I hope to meet more of you along the caching trail.

Laughing
NTrek
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: where have you been NT? Reply with quote

NM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: