MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senseless demise of a T B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Senseless demise of a T B Reply with quote

Quote:
<~snip~> retrieved T and A: Warrior Women: Tulip* (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from Top of the Hill at 3/26/2005

Log Date: 3/26/2005
Sorry to report the demise of Tulip. Unfortunatly Tulip was separated from her dog tag. My partner found Tulip in the "Top of the Hill" cache and did not realize that she was part of the travel bug. That and she thought it was a little sexist[/i] and did not want to explain a mini armed woman to the customs officials at the airport on the way home. All that said I don't know if Tulip should be listed as "missing in action" and her tags returned to her owner, or if a photo of tulip would do and the travel bug tags continue on?

did not realize that she was part of the travel bug
WHAT?
she thought it was a little sexist
but grabbed it anyway?
did not want to explain a mini armed woman to the customs officials at the airport
TULIP was carrying weapons. WHY take it?
All that said I don't know if Tulip should be listed as "missing in action" and her tags returned to her owner
THAT would be a good start.

TULIP was the inspiration for this series, after this log by victorymike:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?LUID=5c08f5a6-e36d-4b1b-8be5-717af496717c

Check out the cache log:

Quote:
March 18 by <~snip~> (13 found)
We had a great time finding this cache. The searchers were at the TOP OF THE HILL in Baltimore while I searched for clues in log files on the computer from my home in Newfoundland as we communicated via cel phone. Is this the only sport that takes several billion dollars in infastructure to play? Our first attempt was hampered by darkness and the lack of a flashlight. The second try was not a problem in the daylight. Took one travel bug and left two.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be from Brown County Wink
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I've done my job with the travel bugs I have,,, but I'm pleased to report that I haven't dismembered any of them! Sheeesh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: