MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAG bug in Seattle - small world!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: CAG bug in Seattle - small world! Reply with quote

Well, after taking a couple months off from caching (to move and a few other reasons), I ended up on a last-minute trip to Seattle to visit my parents last week. They just moved back to Bellevue, WA, and this was my first visit to my old hometown in the 20 years since we moved to Minnesota.

It was kinda surreal caching there, finding caches across from the hospital where I was born, two across the street from my old house, and so on. Boy has the area changed and grown up!

Well imagine my surprise when I find two TB's in a cache that wasn't supposed to have any. One of them really made me pause: it had a Pogopod wooden nickel attached to the chain, with the tag "White Bear Lake, MN" on it!

Once I got back to my parent's house and looked it up, I had a good laugh: it was Sibling Rivalry (Green Team), belonging to none other than our own Candy Apple Green, in a race to get to New Mexico! This one disappeared in August, after getting oh-so-close to it's goal...before a cacher took it to Utah, never to be heard from again. He, or someone else, must've ended up in the Seattle area and dropped it off - now clearly heading in the wrong direction.

Now, CAG once tortured one of my daughter's TBs in an underwater cache for awhile before taking it to Texas safely. I knew we were heading for Vancouver, BC the next day and I *briefly* thought about logging his TB into a cache there (don't worry, I would have done a drop/retrieve and taken it back to Seattle) but I changed my mind after he sent me an e-mail saying he was glad it was in "good hands". Laughing So I made the trip to Canada, and the next day returned Sibling Rivalry to another cache in Seattle - where another cacher picked it up the same day and hoped he'd help it back in a southerly direction.

Anyway, I know it's a long story but it just reinforced what a small caching world it is, and I thought it was a strange coincidence to find a small piece of home while visiting my old stomping grounds. FWIW! Cheers,

-Ken

Related links:

GCGWXX Thousands of Evergreens

Sibling Rivalry (Green Team)
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ran into this bug while caching out of state, although not as far from home as FSUN. Last January I moved it from Madison, WI to Chicago.
CENT5
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this TB from Seattle to Phoenix and it ultimately won the race. The Sibling Rivalry Red team is still under 4 feet of snow in upstate NY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: