MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

geo/dog article arrived....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: geo/dog article arrived.... Reply with quote

now- will somebody please tell me how to get it on this site?

We can scan it as a jpeg or tif or gif- which file format could I post on this site? Or what do you suggest? Question Question Question
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: geo/dog article arrived.... Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:
now- will somebody please tell me how to get it on this site?

We can scan it as a jpeg or tif or gif- which file format could I post on this site? Or what do you suggest? Question Question Question

I suggest that you not do that as it could be considered a copywrite violation. Either wait for them to post it online and link from here or write your own review of it for us Smile
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: What about if.... Reply with quote

I email them and ask them if I can post it on this site- then would you tell me how to get it into this forum? Idea
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have permission to copy the article (good luck there, my guess is you will have to link to it when/if it's online), then you'll likely want to save it as a JPEG if it has images, otherwise a PNG if it doesn't and it's mostly text.

Then, you'll need to host it somewhere. If you have your own website, that's probably the best place. If not, you have your work cut out for you unless you have a friend who has a website and will host it for you.

Then, paste the url of the image you posted.

I agree above though, might be best off to write a review of it if we can't link to their site for the article.

-Aaron
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Review Review- Reply with quote

That is easy,
And I can do .

edit by moderator at the request of the original author -- removed (Silent Bob, 12/14/04)

I will fade away for awhile and get that review done ASAP-
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread was originally started Arrow here.

Locking this thread to avoid confusion.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: