MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rino 110 Mapsource questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Rino 110 Mapsource questions Reply with quote

I have the Mapsource "Points of Interest" software (the only software available from Garmin for a 110 that I'm aware of)

Does anyone know if there is a way to "bulk load" geocache waypoints/long. lat.s to the Mapsource program on my PC from geocache.com?

I only know how to send waypoints that I manually create on Mapsource to my GPSr

Or am I wasting my time with this thought process and should just go with the pocket queries and Easy GPS? (I would have to learn how to use that also) Rolling Eyes
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Rino 110 Mapsource questions Reply with quote

RINO SHAWN wrote:
Or am I wasting my time with this thought process and should just go with the pocket queries and Easy GPS? (I would have to learn how to use that also) Rolling Eyes

You don't need pocket queries to use Easy GPS. You can just download the waypoint files for individual caches or for a list of caches (like when you view a list of caches on the website).

Easy GPS is just that - easy. Load your file, pick your GPS and comm port, and off you go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to send my waypoints I already have in my GPSr to Easy GPS...and know how to manually type in each and every waypoint name/ lat./ long. into MapSource or Easy GPS and then send to my GPSr.

What I haven't figured out is how to send the info from Geocaching.com to Easy GPS so that I can access it without having to manually type in the info.

So far...until I figure out how to use this correctly......my Mapsource program is doing everything (and more) than Easy GPS

What am I doing wrong?? (wow...that's a loaded question!) Very Happy
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RINO SHAWN wrote:
What am I doing wrong?? (wow...that's a loaded question!) Very Happy

open the GPX/LOC file in EasyGPS? It's just like loading a file in any other program.
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I feel like an idiot!! My problem is that I never noticed the little icon on the cache pages that says "click to download" Hey...guess what???? When you click on that.....it.....downloads!! Embarassed

Thanks guys for not laughing at me for being so "geocachenally challenged" Hey.... I just made up a new word Laughing
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RINO SHAWN wrote:
Thanks guys for not laughing at me for being so "geocachenally challenged" Hey.... I just made up a new word Laughing

Who says we weren't laughing! Laughing
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK to laugh......I can take it Wink

I've just been playing around (aka learning) and I have successfully bulk downloaded over 20 caches and uploaded them to my GPSr

I even figured out that I can "select all" and change the little symbol to the geocache "treasure chest" symbol .............I feel like my geek status has just been raised 1 notch Cool

I wish I would have figured this out long ago....(I,ve had the link cable and Mapsource for over 10 months now) Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: