MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disabled caches...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Disabled caches... Reply with quote

I thought you couldn't log on to them if they are disabled- guess I was wrong.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you can log them even after they've been archived.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Disabled caches... Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:
I thought you couldn't log on to them if they are disabled- guess I was wrong.

I was meaning to ask you if you had a specific reason for disabling all your caches for the winter. Is it because of dangerous conditions or because of issues related to deep snow?
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think disabling is more for warning potential seekers that the cache may not be there, or may be inaccessible for some reason. Some will still look and find anyway.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
I think disabling is more for warning potential seekers that the cache may not be there, or may be inaccessible for some reason. Some will still look and find anyway.

Ecspecially if you leave them as visable caches. Just ask KB about finding archived caches. [Smile]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: my disabled caches Reply with quote

Reasons are both dangerous and deep snow and pulled for winter maintenance. If you read in my warnings many can be ankle twisters in good weather- but with wet weather the trails are treacherous with pine needles and wet leaves on very uneven ground- especially my last one which is no more than an animal trail for 3 miles.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: my disabled caches Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:
especially my last one which is no more than an animal trail for 3 miles.

Wow. That's nearly insane Smile
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: heheheheheh.... Reply with quote

This one isn't for the weak-knee'd- Seriously I had to go to PT when I got back from setting this one and have my knees worked on. From now on when I do this one I wear a knee brace- but it is a circular route if you want to make it that with some beautiful views- and at the peak of the trail is a rock climbing area- so chances are you will see some climbers on the rocks. It is also a multi-cache. A challenge for sure. I will set the containers out in the spring when the route is clear of snow and ice and somewhat dry in the low areas. Also, I have left containers out before and have had them broken off being that they were stuck in the ice- so I find it easier just to pull them.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! So they really ARE pulled! Wink

Northtrekker
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: hey NTREK-- Reply with quote

aren't you supposed to be working this time of the day? You know where I am glad I am not- actually we are painting the living room. heheheheheh
Maybe it is a weekend- this retired life you knoe- never knwo what day it is, they all blend(rub it in)-Yea- I clean out my caches and redistribute the stuff - a few at a time- but with 5 inches of snow on the gorund in Ely now- some of them are inaccessible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: