MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota Conservation Voulenteer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Minnesota Conservation Voulenteer Reply with quote

I was just interviewed by a freelance writer that has pitched a geocaching story for the Minnesota DNR's Minnesota Conservation Voulenteer magazine.

She said she had geocached before with friends, and seemed very aware already of common geocaching practices. She was also aware that geocaching is currently banned in Minnesota State Parks, and she thought that pitching the geocaching story to the DNR's own magazine might be a good idea. The DNR agreed and bought the story. In addition to my short interview with her, which included how I got into geocaching and how I deicded to get involved more with the MnGCA, she gave me some insight as to where the DNR is at with their geocaching policy:

She said that they were "all ready to go with the policy," but for some reason didn't "have the authority to put it in place." She added that they are continuing to work to put the geocaching policy in place.

I let her know where the Minnesota Geocaching Association has gone with our communications with the DNR.

She found me through the MnGCA site, and she asked me to hunt a few specific people she can interview. Overall it went quite well. I'll post a url to the article when they post it at their site.

-Aaron
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Minnesota Conservation Voulenteer Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
I was just interviewed by a freelance writer that has pitched a geocaching story for the Minnesota DNR's Minnesota Conservation Voulenteer magazine.

She said she had geocached before with friends, and seemed very aware already of common geocaching practices. She was also aware that geocaching is currently banned in Minnesota State Parks, and she thought that pitching the geocaching story to the DNR's own magazine might be a good idea. The DNR agreed and bought the story. In addition to my short interview with her, which included how I got into geocaching and how I deicded to get involved more with the MnGCA, she gave me some insight as to where the DNR is at with their geocaching policy:

She said that they were "all ready to go with the policy," but for some reason didn't "have the authority to put it in place." She added that they are continuing to work to put the geocaching policy in place.

I let her know where the Minnesota Geocaching Association has gone with our communications with the DNR.

She found me through the MnGCA site, and she asked me to hunt a few specific people she can interview. Overall it went quite well. I'll post a url to the article when they post it at their site.

-Aaron

Cool! So, who else got interviewed????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, it's nice to know there is a policy in writing, and we haven't been forgotten about. Thanks for the good publicity, S4xton.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update s4xton-- I am glad to hear that the DNR at least seems to be thinking about releasing their geocaching policy soon. I didn't know they were even to that point.
milbank
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll post a url to the article when they post it at their site.

Could you please post the link so I could read it, thanks.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't in this month's issue... I got it last week and didn't see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: