MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just want to say "Thanks" to all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Just want to say "Thanks" to all Reply with quote

Well as the new year begins, I get to look back on the last and see what I have accomplished. After reviewing my year caching, I want to say thanks to each and everyone of you. Both the hiders and finders. I started caching in September of 03. Got interested pretty quick and managed to find 115 caches by the end of the year. Even got two put out. One of which is still active "GPS Knowledge Challenge." Still owe big thanks to Slient Bob for helping me fix that one.

Well 2004 was a steller year for me. Here's how it shaped up.
1011 finds this year.
With GPS Knowledge Challenge and 12 new caches placed in and active in 2004. These caches were found a total of 206 times by you all.

My personal travel bug "Arcticabn Travel Bug" TBF59E which travels with me has logged nearly 44000 miles. I take it with me on my travels and log it in one time wherever I'm caching then bring it back home.

Top finder honors for my caches go to: Drum Roll Please

Good-boy who has found all 14 of my caches.

Runner s Up are Slient Bob and Minnesota with 13 and 12 finds respectively.

A total of 84 different Geocachers have found one or more of my hidden caches. Thanks to all of you for your support.

I hope that 2005 bring you new and wonderful geocaching experiences.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not a particularly prolific finder (I'll get them all eventually) I want to add my thanks to all the hiders, especially those in the west metro, who have provided me with fun, challenges and fun challenges. Hiders are the ones who truly drive this sport (or whatever you choose to call it) and my hat's off to you all!
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Ditto- Reply with quote

We would also like to thank the hiders- it has provided this retired couple with exercise and finding places that we never knew existed- and some have also been real mind challenges.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some awesome numbers, Arcticabn! While I can't match them, I did manage to find 148 in the last year, and I thank all the hiders of those caches.
I also placed 9, towards the end of the year, and had 42 cachers make 124 finds. A 3-way tie for 7 of 9 caches found, were: (Another drum roll could be inserted here) Gustobob, Minnesota, and Vermadon. Another five cachers found 6 of the 9 - Jonas and Julia, Moe the Sleaze, rickrich, Rouster, and Zilla731.
Thanks to all the other finders too, because if nobody went looking for them, it wouldn't be much fun hiding them.
Happy caching in 2005 folks! Very Happy

Last edited by Dances With Beehives on Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks to all the other finders too, because if nobody went looking for them, it wouldn't be much fun hiding them.

What he said ...
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to thank everybody for taking me on some really great trails that I would have missed if it wasn't for Geocaching. It gets me out of the house for some exercise and is just what the doctor(LouRem) ordered! Very Happy Cache you on the trails.

Jeff
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started doing this hobby last April, I was amazed that some people were able to find the time to locate a cache on the average of one every couple of days.

Heck, some of the maniacs were averaging one a day!

I would have sworn that I would not go out looking unless it was a nice day, certainly not in the rain or during the seven months of winter.

Well, today, I found my 300th cache. I suppose it's pretty likely I'll reach 365 by April, so I've achieved maniac status.

Never mind authentic maniacs like Arcticabn. Thanks for all the cache placers - especially the south metro (more please, I love to see if I can beat Good-Boy to the FTF's)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: