MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cachemate for Palm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Cachemate for Palm Reply with quote

Does anyone use this program to database their caches on thier Palm? Is it worth the $8. I now use mobipocket and while it is OK to use and free, it is not the easiest to use and move around in.

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/

How does one get his caches into the program? I notice it says it can import waypoints using gpx. Does cachemate find the pgx files on it's own or do you have to direct it.

Thanks,

tomslusher
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cachemate comes with a utility that reads gpx files and converts them to a pdb file you syncronize to your palm pilot. look in the installation directory for it.. I forget what it's called offhand...
Early Starts
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: I use... Reply with quote

I use Plucker on my Palm T3 and have all of the caches in the state loaded up. Plucker works great and you don't have to pay for it. It was not easy to get set-up but updates easily once it is in place. I checked out cachemate at first two but liked the way Plucker organized the caches better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: