MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Penturen Church GCKN93
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location is real cool I will keep you all posted if I find this one didn't make it out there last weekend bad T storm's . This not the place to be when they come in .
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We 4 other cacher's went back out to look for this one cache and we didn't find it we looked for over 2 hour's road are good out to here .
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it would be appropriate (but maybe I'm wrong), that since it is at such an out of the way place, that one could help the CO by placing a new container since the original one seems to be mia. Of course, give the CO the chance to do it themselves first... it just sounds like such a cool place to visit, I'd hate for it to get archived. I still plan on getting up there, cache or no cache, just to check it out.
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have tried to contact the CO of this cache and haven't heard nothing back from them. This same Co had another cache out around here that got archived do to mia cache, If this one get archived we will be placing one around tis spot to replace it.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, someone will just replace the container again... it is a 10 year old cache
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everyone I was just on geocaching.com and looked at the log's for this cache and they want someone to replace it. Here's what ppl are saying. In short we my self and a few other cache's will go and replace this cache this weekend.

( This is a cache that I keep on my watch list. I very seldom am able to make it up to the Beltrami State Forest but rather than archive this historic cache, maybe the next PERSON up there could put a replacement cache in place. The owners haven't been active in 7 years so this will require help from the active community to keep this cache alive. I see from the pictures it was an ammo can a few years back and when we found it, it was actually a drinking cooler hanging in a tree. There's a lot of real-estate in this area if one wanted to place a few new ones as well. ) ......

( Yes lets keep this cache alive, I too have been watching this cache since we replaced the container back on 10/29/11 so it made it a few years. If someone is heading in this direction please bring a replacement container with you as this cache has been going since 2004 and is a great spot for every cacher to visit!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyred65 wrote:
The owners haven't been active in 7 years

Sometimes nature just needs to be allowed to run its course.
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my self and a few other geocachers will be replacing the miss cache container this coming weekend. We hope to keep this cache going by doing so on replace it , we really would like to thank everyone for there support. We want to keep this cache active too. Very Happy
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everyone the cache is back out there . Me & a small band of other cachers came together to place a new cache container with trade items & log book the cach is somewhat off main trail from gz 20ft to 30ft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: