MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
bflentje wrote:
King Boreas wrote:
cstjohn posted a note for T and A: Warrior Women: Carol (Travel Bug Dog Tag) at 2/21/2014

Log Date: 2/21/2014
Met my goal today! WW:Carol is KBs most traveled (most miles) travel bug!

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/TL847TRY

Visit T and A: Warrior Women: Carol
http://coord.info/TBJYX0

Smile Exclamation

Carol still caches? I have not seen her around in years.

Only when they travel, AFAIK

I saw a FB post, she is in Croatia right now, and she did post she was going to find a cache.
Mn-treker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikedeotis found The Skinned Creeper

Monday, 10 March 2014

I parked on 169 in a place that I thought would be legal and check the gps. Not far at all. I got out of the car and stood there for a moment. After the traffic had passed by, I heard something. Something Eerie!!! It sounded like moaning and screaming put together.....and then it stopped! HUH! I must be hearing things. I looked in the direction that my gps was pointing. Unlike Langlie, there were NO tracks for me to follow. I stepped into the snow and went up to my knees. This is going to be a long slow trip. Step by step, I made my way to gz. I was half way there when I noticed a pounding drum that was getting louder as I traveled. I stopped and listened. HA! Just the pounding of my heart as I pushed through the deep wet snow. I got to gz and searched for the creature high in the trees. I just couldn't see him. "(^&%#*$%@"! the creature screeched! I looked lower and there he was trying to bite my gps! I kept my fingers away from his reach and signed the log. "You got what you deserved!" I yelled back. Thanks for capturing him. If you come at night.....BEWARE! Thanks for the hide! TFTCSL
http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4PZGK_the-skinned-creeper?guid=fe95cb73-5b66-4e6d-a643-f8c36b7e6820
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Actually, it's not quite 12 years old ...

tesser found Hidden Hoosier Booty (Traditional Cache) at 3/15/2014

Log Date: 3/15/2014

In Indy for a conference and was able to get some free time to drive out here. Found nice and dry inside. There is a trackable in there, some sort of key that is supposed to stay near Terra Haute. Since I am flying to MN tomorrow, I left it there. When I entered the park, the gate was staffed and I paid my $5 entrance fee. I went in and found the cache, then walked over to the shelter and enjoyed the view. On my way out, the gatekeeper was gone and the sign was turned. I guess if I was a little bit later in my arrival I wouldn't have had to pay a fee. Oh well. It was worth the money to hike in leaves and no snow on the ground, and to see open water! It was really cool to see a 14-year-old logbook! There are at least 6 full pages left for signing. TFTC KB!

http://coord.info/GLDJJZVM

Visit Hidden Hoosier Booty
http://coord.info/GC71CF

Profile for tesser:
http://coord.info/PRWQT9

Very Happy Mr. Green Halo
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sueandpepper found bucknuts (Traditional Cache) at 3/26/2014

Log Date: 3/26/2014

Hmmm, when we brought up this cache on our GPS and said the name of the cache we were heading to, there was a tiny bit of chuckling, but no one in our group said a word about it. I think we were all curious as to what this cache was going to be.

We were lucky to find this one right along the trail we were hiking on -- and not even buried under all this frozen crusty snow.

Code:

(This cache reminds me of that old joke:
Q:  What costs less - deer nuts or beer nuts?
A:  Deer nuts.  They're under a buck.)

Thanks for the cache, King Boreas.

cjs, pnm, rfm, ellie, pepper, srp

http://coord.info/GLDNHN9D

Visit bucknuts
http://coord.info/GC4JBG8
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see dead caches. Sometimes they forget they're dead.

I have a sixth sense that says this cache will be archived if the coordinates are not fixed soon.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Hemlock
Volunteer Geocache Reviewer

linky
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like its time for the cache owner to pick up his geolitter. Please don't leave your caches behind when you archive them. It gives us all a
bad name!

GC34B4F

Solution? Teather or chain all caches. Ya never know when a rodent or bear is after it. Very Happy
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beagleboo wrote:
Sounds like its time for the cache owner to pick up his geolitter. Please don't leave your caches behind when you archive them. It gives us all a
bad name!

GC34B4F

Solution? Teather or chain all caches. Ya never know when a rodent or bear is after it. Very Happy

I agree! Razz
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nateh64 found Birch Lake Night Cache (Unknown Cache) at 4/26/2014

Log Date: 4/26/2014
FTF With Wobegon Warriors and Jordan29. This cache was Amazing setup pre checked out the tree marks and really took all of us in order to complete this cache. This was a great trip out for a full day of caching made some new friends. This cache was very well setup and it will take a team of people in order to complete. Was fun helping and seeing other people enjoying this. Thank you guys very much for the cache.

Jordan29 found Birch Lake Night Cache (Unknown Cache) at 4/26/2014

FTF with WobegonWarriors and Nateh64. Well well well, what a cache this was. This one took a little looking..... K maybe a lot of looking. We came across the first tack and off we were. Just a little bit in to our search NateH64 spot light died, now we were left with little flashlights and a headlamp. We finally came to the end of the trail. Picked one of the deer trail and followed it and got back on trail. Luckily for us WobegonWarriors was with and made some great spots on the tacks. During our little trip it desided to starte to rain luckily I had 2 rain ponchos for the Warriors. Kept following the tacks till FINALLY the end. This was definitely not a walk in the park.

As Nateh64 said this is defiantly recommended with a group of people. Great experience meeting new friends and doing a difficult cache.

PS don't get off the trail and follow someone else's markers like we did.

TFTC really enjoyed it.

WobegonWarriors found Birch Lake Night Cache (Unknown Cache) at 4/26/2014

FTF with nateh64 and jordan29!!!

I don't even know where to begin on this one.. we were with jordan29 and nateh64 and they had done a little pre adventure scouting so we knew where we would start once we joined up in the dark. The little warriors were with us on this one and all I have to say about that is they DEFINITELY earned their warrior badges tonight!! It was cold, raining and we were bushwhacking, getting slapped in the faces and everywhere else with branches, tripping over logs, slidding down slippery slopes (literally), traversing across swamps... and not ONCE did they complain. At one point one of the little warriors said it would have been better if there had been thunder and lightning! Nateh64 actually saved one warrior from certain death by swamp by giving her a piggy back ride across it, only to find that the added weight caused nateh64 to sink about hip deep into it! Yup... extreme caching.. that's what it's all about. Thank you to jordan29 for the ponchos, he kept the wee ones dry.. or maybe there would have been some complaining once they got wet and then invariably freezing. (NOTE: the crossing of the swamp was NOT a requirement to do this cache.. that was a short cut back to our cars since the gates were still closed for the season so don't let that scare you away from this amazing adventure!)

On a side note.. we have never met other cachers before and this was a truly remarkable experience with some awesome guys that I look forward to caching with in the future. Thanks nateh64 and jordan29 for the adventure.. may there be many more to come!

As we started into the park we saw loads of deer.. and at one point I was checking for a beacon and there was a bunch of commotion in a tree above us, and apparently we startled an owl and he freaked out a bit. That was pretty cool!

As for the cache itself.. needless to say this is a LOT harder than you would think. Grab some nighttime illumination.. and do some nighttime hiking.. and end up with a FTF. WELLLLL.. not so much. and I really don't want to give too many spoilers here, the cache is truly a work of art.. and masterful use of torturous guessing, second guessing and even third guessing decisions made on the trail to the holy grail. One thing I was a little bummed about, there wasn't any treasure at the end of this extremely challenging trek.. I felt bad for the warriors.. but just another lesson for them in caching, it isn't about the treasures it is about the journey and THIS was quite the journey. Well, with that said I must say that once I am able to log favorites this will be at the top on my list so far... and a job very, very well done. TFTC isn't enough.. TFT BAD ASS C!! OH and we are selling the coordinates to the highest bidder.. JUST KIDDING!! Suck it up and give it a go.. seriously.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
nateh64 found Birch Lake Night Cache (Unknown Cache) at 4/26/2014

FTF With Wobegon Warriors and Jordan29. This cache was Amazing setup pre checked out the tree marks and really took all of us in order to complete this cache. This was a great trip out for a full day of caching made some new friends. This cache was very well setup and it will take a team of people in order to complete. Was fun helping and seeing other people enjoying this. Thank you guys very much for the cache.

Jordan29 found Birch Lake Night Cache (Unknown Cache) at 4/26/2014

FTF with WobegonWarriors and Nateh64. Well well well, what a cache this was. This one took a little looking..... K maybe a lot of looking. We came across the first tack and off we were. Just a little bit in to our search NateH64 spot light died, now we were left with little flashlights and a headlamp. We finally came to the end of the trail. Picked one of the deer trail and followed it and got back on trail. Luckily for us WobegonWarriors was with and made some great spots on the tacks. During our little trip it desided to starte to rain luckily I had 2 rain ponchos for the Warriors. Kept following the tacks till FINALLY the end. This was definitely not a walk in the park.

As Nateh64 said this is defiantly recommended with a group of people. Great experience meeting new friends and doing a difficult cache.

PS don't get off the trail and follow someone else's markers like we did.

TFTC really enjoyed it.

WobegonWarriors found Birch Lake Night Cache (Unknown Cache) at 4/26/2014

FTF with nateh64 and jordan29!!!

I don't even know where to begin on this one.. we were with jordan29 and nateh64 and they had done a little pre adventure scouting so we knew where we would start once we joined up in the dark. The little warriors were with us on this one and all I have to say about that is they DEFINITELY earned their warrior badges tonight!! It was cold, raining and we were bushwhacking, getting slapped in the faces and everywhere else with branches, tripping over logs, slidding down slippery slopes (literally), traversing across swamps... and not ONCE did they complain. At one point one of the little warriors said it would have been better if there had been thunder and lightning! Nateh64 actually saved one warrior from certain death by swamp by giving her a piggy back ride across it, only to find that the added weight caused nateh64 to sink about hip deep into it! Yup... extreme caching.. that's what it's all about. Thank you to jordan29 for the ponchos, he kept the wee ones dry.. or maybe there would have been some complaining once they got wet and then invariably freezing. (NOTE: the crossing of the swamp was NOT a requirement to do this cache.. that was a short cut back to our cars since the gates were still closed for the season so don't let that scare you away from this amazing adventure!)

On a side note.. we have never met other cachers before and this was a truly remarkable experience with some awesome guys that I look forward to caching with in the future. Thanks nateh64 and jordan29 for the adventure.. may there be many more to come!

As we started into the park we saw loads of deer.. and at one point I was checking for a beacon and there was a bunch of commotion in a tree above us, and apparently we startled an owl and he freaked out a bit. That was pretty cool!

As for the cache itself.. needless to say this is a LOT harder than you would think. Grab some nighttime illumination.. and do some nighttime hiking.. and end up with a FTF. WELLLLL.. not so much. and I really don't want to give too many spoilers here, the cache is truly a work of art.. and masterful use of torturous guessing, second guessing and even third guessing decisions made on the trail to the holy grail. One thing I was a little bummed about, there wasn't any treasure at the end of this extremely challenging trek.. I felt bad for the warriors.. but just another lesson for them in caching, it isn't about the treasures it is about the journey and THIS was quite the journey. Well, with that said I must say that once I am able to log favorites this will be at the top on my list so far... and a job very, very well done. TFTC isn't enough.. TFT BAD ASS C!! OH and we are selling the coordinates to the highest bidder.. JUST KIDDING!! Suck it up and give it a go.. seriously.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation Halo Halo Halo Halo
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you like this one? A new geocacher with ZERO finds pinpoints the deepest, steepest, cache that I have in Miesville Ravine and manages to find the path of least resistance.. by trespassing.

Quote:
My girlfriend and I found this yesterday! Great find...lots of thorns in the area though. Be careful where you park though, one of the roads in the area is actually private property but the farmer was really nice about it!

Chuckeee, is this you? did you really sign the log this time? Did you see the parking coordinates?
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
How do you like this one? A new geocacher with ZERO finds pinpoints the deepest, steepest, cache that I have in Miesville Ravine and manages to find the path of least resistance.. by trespassing.

Quote:
My girlfriend and I found this yesterday! Great find...lots of thorns in the area though. Be careful where you park though, one of the roads in the area is actually private property but the farmer was really nice about it!

Chuckeee, is this you? did you really sign the log this time? Did you see the parking coordinates?

I'm wondering if you might be a little quick to claim "Trespassing" here. It's possible the met the really nice farmer and obtained permission prior to using the road. I've done that when trying to figure out how to access a cache.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeRat wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Quote:

I'm wondering if you might be a little quick to claim "Trespassing" here. It's possible the met the really nice farmer and obtained permission prior to using the road. I've done that when trying to figure out how to access a cache.

No, I don't think so. I spoke with the dude. Besides, why would a guy with ZERO finds target that specific cache.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A positive interaction with a muggle!
linky
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one made me laugh.

Yes, FTF was earned not yesterday, and not tomorrow, but today. Very Happy

(Sorry, Rusty, but you do have to admit it is kind of funny.)
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now a friend of mine and I are debating who received the greater compliment from this cacher, my "dumb", or his "lame".

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

outlawsaint13 found Sylvan Bay Cache (Traditional Cache) at 6/14/2014

Log Date: 6/14/2014
Dumb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: