MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graffiti Graveyard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uffda320
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Graffiti Graveyard Reply with quote

I was in Duluth on Friday and decided it was time to photograph the Graffiti Graveyard. Much to my surprise, the Graffiti Graveyard is now closed. A gate has been placed over the opening and No trespassing signs are in place warning people it's private property. I did run into some fellow adventurers (young adults) and they did manage to get in...but, it involves A LOT more work. I didn't feel it was worth the effort to try and sneak in and get caught (my luck).
So, RIP Graffiti Graveyard. (cache is still there and doing fine)

[/img]
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mayor shut it down last fall. A homeless tent city had been in there during the summer. The homeless claimed they had been there for years, but as someone that frequently went in there to take care of the "leaking" graffiti, I would only occasionally see someone sleeping in there. It's interesting, because former Mayor Doty actually created Graffiti Graveyard as a way for local "artists" to do their work. As nice as a lot of the original art was, the area was loaded with spray paint cans that would eventually end up in that little creek and into the lake. So, it's probably for the best that it got shut down.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that is one Altoid Tin I won't get back now.
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We enjoyed that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: