MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - February 2014

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for February 2014
GC4VJKF: Intercache: Geo-Mob on Bald Eagle Lake (1058)
55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
GC4NAZH: Improbable Portal
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
GC4RWY0: Papa's Got a Brand New Cache
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - February 2014 Reply with quote

Your nominations for February 2014 Cache of the Month are:

Mystery Cache Icon GC4VJKF: Intercache: Geo-Mob on Bald Eagle Lake (1058) by Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
nominated by PackaDad
I would like to nominate GC4VJKF Intercache: Geo-Mob on Bald Eagle Lake (1058) for cache of the month.
It is not so much a special cache, but the idea of getting a geo mob together (especially in the middle of winter, although I imagine the summer will be fun too) adds a twist to the geocaching experience. The planning and anticipation prior to getting together to find the cache as well as getting together for the geo mob itself were what makes this cache special, and it has already garnered a significant number of favorite points in the short time since it has been published.

Regular Cache Icon GC4NAZH: Improbable Portal by mobilewatchdog
nominated by bflentje
I would like to nominate Improbable Portal GC4NAZH for Cache of the Month. This cache is rated a bit too high but for me, this is what geocaching is all about. A nice hike through a state forest unit only to find a very nice surprise lying in wait. It has a 67% favorite rating and was hidden by a cacher that is new to the game.. giving us a top notch find on his inaugural cache.

If this were my cache, and many of you know my caches well, I would rate this one a 3/3 and ditch the hint.

Multi Cache Icon GC4RWY0: Papa's Got a Brand New Cache by El_Jimbo
nominated by schmittfamily
We would like to nominate GC4RWY0 - Papa's Got a Brand New Cache by El_Jimbo. 2013 a new cacher emerged in the SW metro who has created some fun hides and in our opinion this is his best one to date. This is a 4 stage multi-cache in the James Brown conservation area (Eden Prairie). Stage 3 is a field puzzle that we hadn't seen before, and the rest of the stages are nicely done. It has only been found 5 times to date and will have 5 favorite points when we earn our next one.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Last edited by Boreal Walker on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
TriggerMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improbable Portal is a great cache to grab in the winter. It will become much more difficult to access when spring arrives.
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multi Cache Icon GC4RWY0: Papa's Got a Brand New Cache 3 of us did this one today and it is a ral neat one and the trail is a pleasure to walk on. We used snowshoes but left a very nice trail.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Grey Wolf and Wild Rice!

The February 2014 Cache of the Month is GC4VJKF: Intercache: Geo-Mob on Bald Eagle Lake (1058)

Nominated By: PackaDad
I would like to nominate GC4VJKF Intercache: Geo-Mob on Bald Eagle Lake (1058) for cache of the month.
It is not so much a special cache, but the idea of getting a geo mob together (especially in the middle of winter, although I imagine the summer will be fun too) adds a twist to the geocaching experience. The planning and anticipation prior to getting together to find the cache as well as getting together for the geo mob itself were what makes this cache special, and it has already garnered a significant number of favorite points in the short time since it has been published.

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: