MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avian Adventure
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do Bart.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.

Or is it an extra year to forget why you vowed to not do it again? Rolling Eyes

I get an eyeroll for that? Shocked

I was thinking along the lines of a speculative eye roll, not a "did it again" eye roll. Embarassed

If the 4th generation challenge is pushed out a year, I'd probably be more likely to break my vow and go for four. After all, my latest goal is to grab all of the hiking club routes.. which is a LOT more work than just geocaching.

I was doing Hiking Club trails like crazy before starting geocaching. agategirl76 & I tried to do Hiking Club & History Challenge at the same time for the first two caches we found. That's way too hard! I think I've done one Hiking Club trail since I started geocaching in 2008 & that's only because it was the trail for one of the stages I was looking for. I need to get back to Hiking Club & exploring the parks more instead of running in & out quickly. I still need 11 Avian, so nice to hear there's more time.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the park rangers on the north shore this weekend spilled the beans to me about the 4th geocaching challenge. Looks like it's going to be a Wild Flower theme. Makes perfect sense to me.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
One of the park rangers on the north shore this weekend spilled the beans to me about the 4th geocaching challenge. Looks like it's going to be a Wild Flower theme. Makes perfect sense to me.

OMG! When does it start? Will it involve the Rec areas like the last challenge? Will there be a final cache? Will there be regional caches like the first challenge? How long will it run? Will Garden Island be required or optional? I NEED TO MAKE PLANS!!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:

OMG! When does it start? Will it involve the Rec areas like the last challenge? Will there be a final cache? Will there be regional caches like the first challenge? How long will it run? Will Garden Island be required or optional? I NEED TO MAKE PLANS!!!

LOL. I think the only other tidbit of information I was given is that it will start on Earth Day, which is much better than starting it on the lame Get Outdoors Day half way into June.
DLGPS
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only four parks and two finals left and didn't make it to any of them this summer. I heard from two different park rangers that the Avian Challenge was ending in October 2014. Is the January 2015 date still a sure thing?

And...my son and family joined us for a lot of the caches but weren't interested in collecting the bird cards. In the words of my daughter-in-law, "I don't need anymore junk around the house." Well, now the grandkids want the cards for their collections! Anyone have any extra (3) from Afton, Fort Snelling, Father Hennepin, and rats...a couple more that slip my mind? (I will have to edit my post when I find my list if anyone responds in the affirmative. I have a few extras from some parks where the kids grabbed some before mom laid down the law (and then changed her mind....) that I could trade.

And once around for the passport and hiking clubs, 2nd time around for the history challenge, 3rd time around for the critter challenge, and LAST time around the entire state for the avian challenge. As much as I love MN state parks and wild flowers, it ain't going to happen a fifth time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: