MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

geocacher died while attempting a cache.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: geocacher died while attempting a cache. Reply with quote

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=85DF8765-E78C-4a63-aa2a-8d348374c149

I feel so sorry for the family, Hider of the cache, and the entire Texas geocaching community.

But please don't let my wife know..... Wink
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Some caches----- Reply with quote

we won't attempt as they are beyond our limits,and this is exactly why I disabled my caches in the winter due to unsafe conditions- I feel so bad about this- especially since we just got word that a dear friend of ours just died from cancer. Death in every form is rough on the survivors.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given my low level of computer literacy I don't know how to enable links. I visited the Texas Geocaching website and found out the cache he was attempting was GCHKAP and it appears (this is not confirmed) that his user name was Smokey Stover.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
Given my low level of computer literacy I don't know how to enable links. I visited the Texas Geocaching website and found out the cache he was attempting was GCHKAP and it appears (this is not confirmed) that his user name was Smokey Stover.

For future reference you can just paste a link and it will make it clickable for you: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHKAP
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: geocacher died while attempting a cache. Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=85DF8765-E78C-4a63-aa2a-8d348374c149

I feel so sorry for the family, Hider of the cache, and the entire Texas geocaching community.

But please don't let my wife know..... Wink

i get nothing when i click on that link. a page opens, but there's no text. why is that? i blame kitch.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe let it load longer?

Scavenger Hunt Turns Deadly
LAST UPDATE: 12/14/2004 6:50:00 AM
Posted By: Carly Miller

A man out on a scavenger hunt, ends up dying while searching for the treasure.

Police say it looks like 64-year-old James Max Chamberlain fell off a small cliff at Eisenhauer Park, off Northwest Military Highway.

Chamberlain went on the scavenger hunt Saturday morning using a hi-tech GPS system he had just bought.

His wife called police Saturday night after he didn't come home.

Chamberlain's body was found Sunday morning after an all-night search in the park.

"From the evidence, just leads us to believe right now, that he was walking along the trails, got to his destination, and he either slipped and fell down the ravine, or was trying to walk back up the little incline and slipped back," said Lieutenant Rosie Vasquez.

Chamberlain's death appears to be an accident.

He found the scavenger hunt online and was alone when he died.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: